PDA

View Full Version : Red mark on QC

Frederick_P
07-17-2009, 01:50 PM
I assume that this red mark on the QC is supposed to line up with something but I can't seem to find a reference to it. What's it for and what is it supposed to line up with?

Kenm810
07-17-2009, 02:00 PM
I believe this is the info your looking for.

QC redline question (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=10109&highlight=red+Lines)

Frederick_P
07-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Ken,
Thanks for the link. I am unable to find a corresponding mark on the mechanism inside the collar or anywhere other than the outside collar. Count me among the many who are experiencing QC blues. One jammed bit... discovered that there was no red lock tite on the threads of the retaining screws and they backed out inside the QC jamming the bit securely inside. I have it out, changed the QC and bit and cannot get the bit to stay solid in the QC. There is a distinct wobble every time it is mounted.

I read the QC bible, read the threads in the forum and have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to shell out more cash for a Rock Chuck.

This after barely being able to get a pattern on the card due to software issues (another thread)

"SIGH!"

It shouldn't be this hard!

supershingler
07-17-2009, 09:18 PM
you will love a rock chuck

ive got the rock in both of my machine and love the lack of vibration and lower noise level not to say the better quality of the carvings. money well spent.

good luck

kendall