PDA

View Full Version : Help with Z Stall Problem

mabco12
07-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Hello all,
After getting the drreaded z-stall error message I have read and reviewed the upgrade to the z bunbdle. So I got that and installed it with no problems at all every connection back the way it was new zmotor cable and board replace. I reformatted the memory card and uploaded a simple project then plugged the card into the machine and turned it on. What did I get, you got it selectedf project loaded board and got the error message for z stall press stop!! Anyone have any other suggestions?? I am starting ti get frustrated as many have! The reconditioned/recertified machine has less than 11 hours on it and needs to get up and running soon, I hope!! Thanks for any help you can give me to address this problem.

Digitalwoodshop
07-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Does the Z home or go up and down at all when you power up?

If you can't get thought to LHR you can call me... My number is on my website below or send me a email with your number and we can troubleshoot it over the phone.

I have a Magic Jack phone and cost nothing to call.

AL

Digitalwoodshop
07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Fixed !!!! Good Job Mike !!!!

Z Motor plug in 180 degrees out. Got a ZERO reading on sensor data Z Movement leading to the plug.

Mike is using 2 machines to teach kids and doing a GREAT JOB !!!!

We need more Teachers like Mike!!!!

Good Luck,

AL

cnsranch
07-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Atta boy, AW!!

(That's Al Who for you unhep cats).

mabco12
07-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks again for taking time out of your busy schedule to call me and troubleshoot the system with me. It was a pleasure taking to you and diagnosing the problem together!! I will be sending the NKFD information to you soon. Your the man!!!:-D

Digitalwoodshop
07-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Good Deal... I suggested the kids make stuff like the Maltese Cross for the Fire Dept. Getting the Fire Dept and Kids together will have a great result.

I will send Mike some Fire Tag samples to give to the local Fire Dept.

The Fire Dept Website even has a kids page.

Could create public interest to help get more machines for the Kids.

Good Luck,

AL

PCW
07-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Mabco12,

I must say that I was touched when you wrote a while back that you purchased the CW machine with your own hard earned cash to add it to your curriculum. Truly a amazing teacher.

Al Who,

As always I am a fan. Good Job

mabco12
07-16-2009, 09:17 PM
This board has given me many ideas. Al has essentially given me a new venue to show support and help our community firefighters. I am always looking for ideas. I have invested in my program and it is sad that the SC is thinking about shutting in down next school year 2010-2011!! I am going to fight until the end though!! They are going to have a battle and hopefully everyone appreciates what I do not only for the children but the community!!
We will soon see???
Thanks again PCW!!:-D

AskBud
07-16-2009, 09:26 PM
This board has given me many ideas. Al has essentially given me a new venue to show support and help our community firefighters. I am always looking for ideas. I have invested in my program and it is sad that the SC is thinking about shutting in down next school year 2010-2011!! I am going to fight until the end though!! They are going to have a battle and hopefully everyone appreciates what I do not only for the children but the community!!
We will soon see???
Thanks again PCW!!:-D

Then I would consider a "Carving Club".
AskBud

mabco12
07-16-2009, 09:37 PM
I cannot believe I forgot Bud in the equation. His tutorial have been a godsend with helping to learn the software. Bud my hat is off to you also!!! Thanks a bunch for those great tutorials!! You too are also the man!!!!:-D

AskBud
07-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Edison did not "Fail" in his life's work. He just had some "Setbacks".
Some of his inventions were accidents. Watch the video "Edison the Man".
AskBud

mabco12
07-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Bud you re still the man and I will watch that video once again. This message board is probably without a doubt one of the most educational forums that I am a part of and I want to thank everyone for that!!!!
You all rock!!!:-D

AskBud
07-16-2009, 10:09 PM
"Sound and Silence" (about Alexander G. Bell) is another good example.
AskBud