PDA

View Full Version : Calibration Reset

Steven Alford
07-16-2009, 12:15 AM
I started to calibrate my machine today because I am having problems with the thickness measuring.

I read the instructions on the pdf file posted in the troubleshooting thread and followed these instructions:

Resetting the Calibration
Load the board in to the machine and navigate to the Configurations Menu from the CarveWright Main Menu by using the up/down arrows or pressing the “0” (Options) key on the keypad. Navigate to or select item 6, Calibrate Offsets. Press “1” to reset the current calibration and you will be asked to verify your selection as shown:
Press “1” to proceed with the calibration reset.

I then proceeded to do the calibrations, first thickness and then moved on to the edge sensors. It asked me to load the 3/8" bit. I forgot that I put the Rock Chuck on the machine and it will only take 1/4" shanks. The 3/8 bit is a 1/2" shank. I had to abort the calibration.

My question is, when I "reset calibrations" did this erase all the factory calibrations to a point that I have none in the machine? Am I screwed?? Or do I have to order the 1/2" adapter from Ron so that I can finish the calibrations?

Pratyeka
07-16-2009, 04:17 AM
I started to calibrate my machine today because I am having problems with the thickness measuring.

I read the instructions on the pdf file posted in the troubleshooting thread and followed these instructions:

Resetting the Calibration
Load the board in to the machine and navigate to the Configurations Menu from the CarveWright Main Menu by using the up/down arrows or pressing the “0” (Options) key on the keypad. Navigate to or select item 6, Calibrate Offsets. Press “1” to reset the current calibration and you will be asked to verify your selection as shown:
Press “1” to proceed with the calibration reset.

I then proceeded to do the calibrations, first thickness and then moved on to the edge sensors. It asked me to load the 3/8" bit. I forgot that I put the Rock Chuck on the machine and it will only take 1/4" shanks. The 3/8 bit is a 1/2" shank. I had to abort the calibration.

My question is, when I "reset calibrations" did this erase all the factory calibrations to a point that I have none in the machine? Am I screwed?? Or do I have to order the 1/2" adapter from Ron so that I can finish the calibrations?

Go find a 3/8" straight bit with a 1/4" shank at your local hardware store. That will work just the same.

Steven Alford
07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks, I will do that. So what is important about it being 3/8 versus any of the other bits? 1/8", 1/16,? I take it it must measure the width of the bit in part of it's calibrating?

Can you answer my first question though, is a person screwed by resetting the calibrations and not replacing them with new ones?

liquidguitars
07-16-2009, 10:11 AM
I believe that the factory calibration is more accurate and when you reset it should go back to the factory specs, however if you get the new rubber belts you need to recalibrate to the new AUX roller o ring. IE "Cal Belts"

You should be fine as long as the unit measures correctly.

LG

bergerud
07-16-2009, 11:48 AM
The machine measures the distance between 3/8" cuts on the sides and across the board. So, yes, the bit diameter is involved.

Steven Alford
07-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Well I got the calibrations done and the machine is worse than if ever was.
It refuses the carve the top of my patterns.