PDA

View Full Version : Buuuuzzzzing noise!!

Steven Alford
07-15-2009, 10:44 PM
In the last two days while doing some carving I am hearing a buzzing noise like the old door buzzers.

After you change a bit, the head comes towards the keypad and then heads on over to the bit plate. While it is traveling over to the bit plate I hear this buzz. I think it is electrical in nature not mechanical. It sounds just like an old antique door buzzer.

Any ideas what this might be?? It does not do it all the time.

Digitalwoodshop
07-15-2009, 11:58 PM
I had a Z Motor that had a nervous Tick.... While moving it would go tick, tick, tick.... Changed the Z motor and it was gone.

Months later I put it back in troubleshooting a Z Problem after the 14 pin cable snagged and ripped out shorting out a Z Motor.

The Z Tick was back.... So it was in the Z motor not the electronics.

If I was a guessing person, I say it is the Y servo motor....

This is a SERVO system and Servos do have a habit of making a buzzing noise.... 20 years playing with Synchro and servos in the Navy... And 3 years with 3 machines....

AL

Steven Alford
07-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Is it an indication that the servo may go out??

TerryT
07-16-2009, 05:34 PM
I think it is the Y or Z servo, actually the encoder. I think it is having a hard time finding the spot it wants to be at so it "hunts" back and forth, kind of a vibration. Mine has been making that same noise for about the last 200 carve hours. It hasn't caused any problems yet.

Steven Alford
07-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks, I guess we will just wait and see.

Digitalwoodshop
07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
You might try cleaning the encoder disk.

AL

Steven Alford
07-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks Al, I will look into doing that.