PDA

View Full Version : Whatsit?

olkarch
07-15-2009, 04:20 PM
This morning I found a tiny set screw lying on the outfeed table. Any clues to what it may be from? It is much smaller than those on the bit adapter.

Olin

AskBud
07-15-2009, 05:47 PM
This morning I found a tiny set screw lying on the outfeed table. Any clues to what it may be from? It is much smaller than those on the bit adapter.

Olin

I do not know, but it appears to be a Black "Headless" and takes a Allen wrench, is this true? It may help others determine where it came from.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
07-15-2009, 05:50 PM
I have never seen one like it on the machine??? It has an allen head correct or is it a sheared off screw tip?

AL

RayTrek
07-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Just guessing It may be the screw in the QC (cam locking guide screw)
Just a wag
Ray

hotpop
07-15-2009, 06:00 PM
There is a set screw like this holding the flex shaft into the motor. I Think. There aren't any set screws listed in the parts list.

olkarch
07-15-2009, 06:10 PM
I do not know, but it appears to be a Black "Headless" and takes a Allen wrench, is this true? It may help others determine where it came from.
AskBud

Correct. It appears to be an Allen screw.

Olin

cestout
07-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Looks to me like a screw from the bit adaptor. Pull the bit out of the chuck and be sure there are still two there.
Clint

Digitalwoodshop
07-15-2009, 07:48 PM
The Bit Adapter screws have a smooth head so it can't be that..... It's not the one holding the flex shaft to the motor unless they changed to that style.

Could it have come from your shop?

AL

crawls
07-16-2009, 11:22 AM
The drive roller supports on the sandpaper belt trays are held in place with set screws similar to the one in the picture. Each support has a set screw on bottom and on top. The top set screw is larger and is held in place by deforming the aluminum around it so that it can't back out. The bottom set screw is smaller and is held in by thread cement. You can look and see which one came out and replace it, but the reality is all four would need to come out to cause a problem. And I'm not 100% sure that a problem would occur if all four set screws came loose due to the fact that the drive roller is still captured by the gear in the x-drive.

Digitalwoodshop
07-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Learned something new.... Any pictures?

AL