PDA

View Full Version : Rastor may top out

eromran
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Has any one got this error before or know what it means. Thought maybe it meant part of project was higher than board but i lowered project to 90% and still get error so i pushed ignore. Also it measured board thickness same as i had put in designer.

RMarkey
07-14-2009, 02:39 PM
It means the depth of the pierced pattern exceeds the thickness of the loaded board.

If you feel this is in error, try running the depth calibration (from the main menu, select 0 - 6 - 2) and run your project again.

eromran
07-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Ok that is kind of what i thought that's why i lowered pattern but still got error i pushed ignore and it went ahead and ran great but there was plenty of height left (i could have had it higher). So do you think i probably need to calibrate. Thanks so much for the reply.

Steven Alford
07-14-2009, 09:15 PM
I get this error all the time now that I upgraded to 1.15.
It means that the top surface of your carve will not carve. It has nothing to do with the pierces. As a matter of fact, your pierces don't pierce all the way through.
I use a sled and the only way I have found to get around it is to raise your stock inside your sled above the sled by approximately 1/16". This is assuming that when the CW measures the thickness of the board, that it measures the sled, not your stock piece.

If LHR would do away with this silly "measuring thickness of board", we would not have this problem.

bergerud
07-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Something is not right. I Calibrated the machine to 0.75" board, used a 0.75" board, and tried to carve a 0.75" pattern (from the STL importer) using a 0.75" board in designer and still got the message. I originally ignored the message and the top of the carve was ok but the piercing did not really work.
Not until I lied during the thickness calibration with 0.8" for a 0.75" board did the message stop. Is this my machine or is there a bug?

eromran
07-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Something is not right. I Calibrated the machine to 0.75" board, used a 0.75" board, and tried to carve a 0.75" pattern (from the STL importer) using a 0.75" board in designer and still got the message. I originally ignored the message and the top of the carve was ok but the piercing did not really work.
Not until I lied during the thickness calibration with 0.8" for a 0.75" board did the message stop. Is this my machine or is there a bug?The message stopped but does it now pierce all the way through ?

Steven Alford
07-16-2009, 02:20 PM
For the live of me, I can't get this machine to stop giving me the message, "Raster may top out". All of my carves will not carve the top 1/64 of the pattern. I had no problems whatsoever before I upgraded to this damn 1.15!!

I went out and bought a digital caliper to tell me the thickness of my board and I recalibrated the thickness and the edge sensors, you can't get any more accurate than that.

I am sorry, but there is a problem with this new software. Surely there are more of you out there that are having this problem.

bergerud
07-16-2009, 08:16 PM
I never tried to carve after I lied (thickness=0.8") to the machine. It can hardly handle the truth! I just ignore the error message and it seems fine.

Steven Alford
07-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I too, would ignore the message but it would not carve the top 1/64" or so of the pattern. It looked like heck!!

But I did fix it by lying to the machine. When I recalibrated, I lied to the machine and told it that the wood was .05 thicker than it actually was. It worked perfect. I did not get the message and it carved perfectly, it even carved the pierces all the way through.

eromran
07-17-2009, 07:19 AM
I too, would ignore the message but it would not carve the top 1/64" or so of the pattern. It looked like heck!!

But I did fix it by lying to the machine. When I recalibrated, I lied to the machine and told it that the wood was .05 thicker than it actually was. It worked perfect. I did not get the message and it carved perfectly, it even carved the pierces all the way through.It carved it all the way through but did it leave tabs or did you loose them by lying? (I thought on pierce cut it was suppose to cut all way through and leave tabs)

Steven Alford
07-17-2009, 05:21 PM
No, there are no tabs with pierce.
I think those are with another part of Designer.

Wilbur
07-24-2009, 04:40 PM
I am having the same problem, it doesn't carve on the top, but I am not getting any error messages. I'm having the carving on top problem, plus the centerline text is bigger that what I had it and it repeats itself on carving the letters. I seen where a couple have adjusted the thickness on the machine in the calibration, am I right on that do it on the machine? Guess I will try that. If it's not one thing it is another:roll:

I am running the new software 1.150 and it seems like the program runs a little slower. How would I go back to 1.132 if I decided to.

Dolores

HighTechOkie
07-24-2009, 05:51 PM
If you still have a copy of 1.134, you can open Flash Manager, click Firmware, then Choose. A dialog box opens, load the control.mwm file from that version.

If you don't have 1.134 on, shame on you :). You should always keep at least the previous version :). Send me a PM with an email address and I'll get ya a copy.

Rob

Wilbur
07-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Shame, shame on me:( I sent you a pm.

On this calibration, I went by the instructions in the book. I must be doing something wrong. I go to offsets and put in the board thickness and it measures and then takes me right back to where I started from. I thought it was suppose to put a slot in the board. I've never done a calibration.

Really showing my ignorance here:mrgreen:

Dolores

HighTechOkie
07-25-2009, 09:15 AM
I think it only does the slot when doing a belt calibration. Returning to home with no errors means it completed OK.

Rob

Wilbur
07-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Okay, thanks. It didn't say any errors so I guess I was alright.

Dolores