PDA

View Full Version : week end projects

RayTrek
07-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Good Weekend

Thought I would share with you the week end projects, at this time in my life work is play don’t know how long it will last but this machine and a life style change sure has improved things.
The list is getting a little done but not smaller seems it is growing faster then I can keep up.
LG, The flute is awesome I carved it in poplar and as with any instrument tweaked it to get a nice sound, and has a Walnut oil finish, though do not know how to make music with anything else then a guitar it is very cool to try, and it adds to the enjoyment of making it myself. MPC is at his site for a very fair price.
Michael T, How fun is that, your projects are so fun to do I seem to be getting behind on the POM but that just means I have something to look forward to. The select pine I used was a little cupped and had to fix it and I do not have any felt as of yet but it looks good as is Thanks. This month’s tips and tricks
Eromran, I have wanted to do these since you posted them, seems like way back, carved in poplar .600 deep 10” x 9” unfinished at this time, as a matter of fact they are right out of the machine. Patterns are in the CW store.
Thanks and I can’t wait to see all of your projects out there.
Ray

liquidguitars
07-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks Ray!

LG

HighTechOkie
07-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Ray, do you know who the author is of the covered wagon scene? I see it available in the Pattern Depot, but of course there is no indication of who the author is. I just need the wagon for another project.

Thanks,
Rob

RayTrek
07-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi Rob

That would be "eromran"

HighTechOkie
07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Much appreciated Ray.

I tried calling LHR and they did not know. Wonder how they know who to send the payment to when someone purchases it? :?

Rob

atauer
07-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Rob,

The marketing department is in charge of the pattern depot. They are in charge of the vendors. They have more access than the call center. We only see parts and prices. We don't see vendor names.

mtylerfl
07-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Awesome job(s) as usual, Ray! Talk about keeping up - I don't think I can keep up with YOU! I can't seem to find enough hours to accomplish anywhere near what's on my list, much less with what's still in my head!

Oh well - I just keep adding to the ta-doo lists and pick-n-choose from them. Starting to lose track of everything 'cause I tend to jot stuff down on anything I can write on - I even keep paper and pen near my bed and jot things down as they come to me there too!

I was browsing through some lists I made over two years ago - wow! Good thing I wrote the ideas down - I had forgotten about most of them already!

larry711
07-16-2009, 03:17 AM
i make flutes. did not think it could be done on cw. it is awsome. how can i get the pattern?

RayTrek
07-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Hello

Michael, That made me laugh with the list, I do the same thing and also find them later I guess it is like the old saying- “ how do you eat a elephant” “ one bite at a time”

Larry, you can find the pattern on “Liquidguitars” just click on his site in this tread and brose to patterns I believe, I would check out the rest of his projects as well very cool stuff, another very talented person we are lucky to have in the community.

Cheers and thanks - Ray

liquidguitars
07-16-2009, 10:22 AM
This will get you to my page with the flute, The project is only $ 7.00 but you will need to use PayPal to buy it..

Link:
http://www.liquidguitars.com/html/cnc_patterns.html

Lg

geekviking
07-16-2009, 10:24 PM
I knew you were a very talented luthier; but I did not realize you have a background not only in 3D graphics, but had a hand in creating some of the most impressive models for Star Trek as well! After viewing your site, I stand (again) in awe of your workmanship...
Truly awesome :cool:

RayTrek
07-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Here is the third one I carved, the next one is going to be 33" x 28" will need 3 carvings at 13 hours each this will be a first for me.
And thanks for the nice feed back here.
later Ray

geekviking
07-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Came out nice Ray! Is it on Cedar?

liquidguitars
07-21-2009, 12:34 PM
geekviking,

very kind, thank you!