PDA

View Full Version : Dealmonger?

unitedcases
07-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Has anyone ever dealt with this place? I am thinking about diving into a second machine and these prices are unbelieveable!

Rocky
07-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Has anyone ever dealt with this place? I am thinking about diving into a second machine and these prices are unbelieveable!

Does sound too good to be true.......and you know what they say!

I hope you make out well if you take the plunge.

bobtom
07-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Hey guys:

I picked up a unit from sears, reconditioned
for about 1/2 price. Watch the site. the price
on a unit will fluctuate from 1500.00 on the
high side, to 1000.00 on the low side.

Bobtom

Ike
07-11-2009, 04:25 PM
You did notice they are reconditioned machines and not new? Still good price, but I not sure what DOA warranty means? I mean I know dead on arrival, so they mean it will work and that is it? So no warranty there after?

Sounds like a shot in the dark and hope you get a machine that has been repaired correctly or maybe just returned for something silly like the bit finder plate didn't come out!

Good luck let us know what happens.

Ike

fwharris
07-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Unitedcases,

You might consider this post, http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=12023.

Just about brand new with very little cut hours.

dhilburn
07-11-2009, 04:57 PM
That is where I got my machine
It had only 12 hours on it
It arrived in just a few days and was in good shape
I did have to clean it
It still had some saw dust inside the machine
It is a reconditioned machine with no warranty
To register the software I had to call LHR but that was it
everything worked and I am happy with it.

waynethornton
07-11-2009, 05:43 PM
I ordered my machine from dealmonger and picked it up directly in pasadena from carvewright. No problems and great price , no warranty, but if problems send or take to carvewright for repairs.

DocWheeler
07-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I purchased a machine from them - good machine with all updates except the washer on the bottom right of the Z truck.

c6craig
07-13-2009, 05:57 AM
I bought mine there and have been pretty happy with the purchase. I did have to buy a new Z motor after 10 hours or so of machine time, but that could happen to any machine. I figure with what I saved, the 100 bucks or so that the Z motor ran me still brings me out ahead.

I personally wouldn't be too concerned with the warranty (or lack of), as LHR has been excellent in assisting me with any issues that have come up. Between the forums and the top notch support of LHR you should be able to take care of nearly anything that you run in to.

Good luck with your machine if you decide to purchase, I know I haven't posted but I have been lurking the forums for a while and am having loads of fun with mine.

Craig

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
07-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Soooo no LHR warranty either? Im assuming not. I wonder where the actual reconditioning of the machines occur and what that process consists of. In my opinion i wouldnt jump into one of these as a first time buyer unless your savvy and a quick learner when it comes to these machines. As a second machine for an experienced owner it might be pretty good dependent upon the extent of damage before the "recondition".....

Digitalwoodshop
07-13-2009, 09:04 AM
I ordered my machine from dealmonger and picked it up directly in pasadena from carvewright. No problems and great price , no warranty, but if problems send or take to carvewright for repairs.

So your saying Dealmonger is operating out of the back door of LHR?

Picked up the machine from the same building that LHR is located in?

That puts a whole new twist on the reconditioned unit.

AL

mabco12
07-13-2009, 09:06 AM
I have two machines from them. The first one has less than 12 hours on it and is already in need of repair. The bundle upgrade. The second one is doing fine(knock on wood) thus far and runs good. I think the machine come for LHR reconditioned. That is the invoice that I get and the shipping tracking starts in Texas.

Digitalwoodshop
07-13-2009, 10:12 AM
So your saying that Dealmonger sold a machine listed as "reconditioned" that had the old Z installed in it?

If so, then that is a future order for LHR, you buying the Z Bundle.

If that is the case, what did they "Recondition"?

We all know there are some known things that should be looked at....

Board Sensor has the glue on the edges to prevent vibration breaking the LED's. Part available from LHR.

Z Bundle to fix the Z Stall problems. Part Available from LHR.

Extra Glue on the L2 of the Power Supply. New Power Supply Available from LHR.

Glue on the C1 Capacitor on the X Termination Board. New Board Available at LHR.

At minimum, I would expect a reconditioned machine to have this set of fixes to be listed as "Reconditioned"

AL:rolleyes:

captainkidd
07-13-2009, 11:03 PM
I am thinking of buying a scanning probe and have been looking at Dealmonger since they have a pretty decent price, I just want to make "sure" that I can register the pattern editor if I buy this from Dealmonger to save some $. Anyone else buy a probe from them?

B.Kidd

Digitalwoodshop
07-14-2009, 08:37 AM
I would ask LHR first.

AL

unitedcases
07-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Still researching and looked at ebay for dealmonger. I did send them a question about their probes and they say they are brand new wit the brand new software. True about being savvy. After a while you just know what to look for. But that is a great deal, you save almost 1000 dollars and plus tey usually always offer free shipping. I am just scared I guess.

Digitalwoodshop
07-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Sounds like a good deal and you have all of us to stand behind you... I would GO FOR IT....

If you have a problem and they don't do the right thing and it is posted here, any bad press would effectively shut them down as most are asking here about buying machines.

They treat you GOOD, they get our support as do the other Machine Vendors here that sell to US.

This is a powerful tool to get the word out about positive and negative experiences.

You can see by all the Positive Press that Ron is getting, not a negative thing ever posted about the Rock or tools. A+++++++

Looks like there is a valid relationship with LHR having access to the new product.

A Feedback Thread should be started for Customers of Dealmonger or just use this thread.

I was interested in the answer to the question about the machines being shipped with the:

Yes or NO.

New Z Bundle for starters

Glued board detector

Cut Motor Magnet Retainer

Glued L2 on Power Supply

Glued C1 on the X Termination Board.

All of which I would do if "I" Reconditioned the unit. All KNOWN fixes that add to reliability. Any of which will cause you to send money to LHR later.

:D
I think Ron's next project AFTER the Dust Collector Hood should be a "Advanced Y Drive Gearbox" A replacement Y Gear Box that has ball bearings holding the shaft on the BIG GEAR.

With many machines aging, that is going to be something we see more and more... I have already replaced 2..... With my 800 + and 500 + machine. It was an EASY FIX using the old Z gear box from the Bundle upgrade.

Placing a drop of OIL on the C Clip that holds the big gear will delay the replacement. It is a sleeve bearing.

AL:rolleyes:

billybehr
07-14-2009, 05:03 PM
I bought mine from e-bay/Dealmonger. No problems yet, but I have only carved one thing though. Probably not the best test case here. As a newbie, I would like to ask, what are all these fixes you all are talking about and is there a good reference with pictures to help me check?

unitedcases
07-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Way to throw Ron out there under the bus. He definitely is going to be busier than he already is.

SteveEJ
07-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Ha.. He deserves it!! Great Product line. Great Guy..

mabco12
07-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Hello CW's,
I think Ron will be able to handle the product demand. I forcast a mansion with a few exotic cars at Ron's disposal in the next year or so!! Just kidding and it goes to show you if you can produce a product that meets a need it will be a positive experience in the effort and capital gained!! Ron smile all the way to the bank!!!! :D

Digitalwoodshop
07-14-2009, 07:15 PM
I added 2 more Express Buses to pass his house this week..... :cool:

Lets take them one at a time....

Picture 1. Look at the cooling fins on the top Z Motor. Long fins = OLD Z, Short Fins = New Z. Lots of stuff posted about the new Z Bundle. It fixed the Z Stall problems with thicker wires in the 14 pin flat cable. You really want the New Z Bundle Installed. You can buy it from LHR.

Picture 2. The Cut Motor Magnet Retainer. Prevents the Magnet from flying off the Motor and giving you the CCM or Check Cut Motor Error.
With the Flex removed you can see the retainer.

Picture 3. The C1 Capacitor on the X Termination Board can vibrate and break off. With the ROCK this is LESS Likely to happen. My unofficial fix is to add a dab of glue or RTV on the cap staying away from the wire part.

Picture 4. The Z Truck lower right washer. This has been added by LHR to the old style Z Truck that had the holes for the Probe Data and homing sensor. The metal casting on the old style trucks was TOO THIN at the lower right bearing screw and the wedge effect of the screw head was splitting the casting. The NEW style spindles have NO HOLES for the Probe Jack and Homing Sensor and have thicker metal and do not need the washer.

Picture 5. The Power Supply has a L2 Coil that has a spot of glue on it giving it support from vibration from breaking the power wires from wire fatigue. Some units had a SMALLER amount of glue was put on the BACK side of the coil as just seen in my picture. My coil vibrated until the wire broke below the surface of board where it was bent over. Power supplies with the correct amount of glue work just fine.... I know of about 25 L2 Power Supplies from the forum, not bad for 20,000 units..... Extra Glue on the L2 would be a good idea. Ron's ROCK and the less vibration will lessen the chance of a L2 Coil failure..... GET A ROCK.....

AL

Digitalwoodshop
07-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Before I go in to this about the Board Detectors, they are currently a NON PROBLEM but at one time it was much different. Depending on the age of the used machine you buy, it might have a non glued version.

The Board Detectors now have a slight film of glue to fasten the circuit board to the plastic holder preventing the circuit board from vibrating and breaking the LED's off the board. You KNOW what I am going to say next...:D Buying a ROCK and installing it will lessen your chances of a Board Detector Failure due to LESS VIBRATION.

I couldn't find the bag of new Board Detectors to take pictures but the film of glue is hard to see. It in on the edge of the board like seen in the pictures and very thin. None of the boards in this set of picture has glue.

I have another dozen boards around that were broken too. It was a real JOY in the days of Board Detector Problems. The LED's were what held the board in place. When they vibrated and broke we would see intermittent Board Detector readings driving everyone NUTS. Sometimes one LED would break and you would get a LOW reading and intermittent board detector problems until the other LED broke off and you got a ZERO.... Hold it just right, it starts working again.... then stops... Fun times and HUNDREDS of Posts...

So the LHR Glue job on the boards fixed the problems. Hopefully you have a glued board or soon you will be ordering one.... The Glue also helped seal the boards from dust getting inside the plastic window.

As a side note.... If you get a problem with the board detector reading low and SEE dust inside the plastic lens, cutting the back flap off of the board detector and sliding the plastic window out and cleaning it works great. I use masking tape to seal it all back up and have had no problems for 6 months... Picture 3 and 4...

I saved the old boards as I was looking at a top load board detector, installing Fiber Optic Cables to the LED's and Sensor and just slipping the fiber optic down the truck to a bracket to hold them. That was before the ROCK.... The sensor would be located on the right side of picture 3 and just the Fiber cables slid down the area where the wired went.... I had a pinched wire that is why I removed the truck to replace the wire.

AL