PDA

View Full Version : Question

Ike
07-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Has anybody tried using V Carve pro with the new stl. software? I have V Carve Pro and I know I can set slices or sections. Hmm just wondering?

Ike

Ike
07-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Guess I asked a real stupid question! Or nobody has heard of V Carve Pro!

Ike

dbfletcher
07-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Guess I asked a real stupid question! Or nobody has heard of V Carve Pro!

Ike

lol.. I have heard of it.. but if memory serves it isnt a very "cheap" application. I was thinking i have seen it bundled with some other 3 axis wood carving machines (shopbot?... dont recall off hand).

As such, I dont own it or know much about its capabilities. BUT.... since you have a copy feel free to experiment and let us know!

I'm assuming you original question was to find out if the new STL importer would be of great use and if you could use it seamlessly with V Carve.

I'dd be interesting in hearing from thoses who have both. (I just have the stl importer)

Ike
07-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Yes I do have it and it cost less then the stl importer! I have another CNC it is sitting on a bench never used, but I have one! Had a 4' X 8' SB, but sold it too, I like the CW better!

I don't have the new stl software, before I do buy it I was wondering if it would work my V Carve pro? Guess when I get the money and after I buy the Rock and the upcoming dust collector I will think about the new software.

Ike