PDA

View Full Version : New version Issue ?

carvertim
07-07-2009, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't even pretend to be even a novice on this machine but I am having a ball. I downloaded the tic-tack-toe pattern from the newsletter and loaded it to my memory card. I loaded a board 26.5" long by 11.3".
The machine asked if I wanted to stay under rollers and I said yes
It then said it was measuring the board and came up with this message.
Length 19.545/23.000
(1) scale to length

Since I didn't want the machine to scale the project I cancelled the job and used option 7 to measure the board. The machine said the board was 26.593 long and 11.318 wide. Plenty big enough for this project.
By the way the board size for the project is 26.000 X 9.203

Anyone have any ideas if it is me or the program. I have carved quite a few projects before and never had such an issue.

Chief38
07-07-2009, 06:06 PM
When I start a project it would tell me the board was too short and wanted to scale. I aborted project and measured length (7), then went to project and was able to run project without a problem. Looks like it isn't completing the length measurement when a project is started. Measuring first then going to project seems to be the work arround. This how I have had to run the last 4 pojects since I went to latest version.

Herb

liquidguitars
07-07-2009, 06:10 PM
check your rollers contacts. at the keypad hit 07 to test..

As a side point its a good idea to turn off your CW from time to time if you are getting a lot of errors..
LG

RayTrek
07-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Hello

I open the file to see what the virtual board is with your project and I see that it is 23”
I believe that if you make your Real board 30” for the extra 3 ½” minimum distance on each side to stay under the compression rollers It will not ask you to resize.
Hope this helps, and good day - Ray

supershingler
07-07-2009, 06:46 PM
if you made the board in your designer 26 long and told it to stay under the rollers it will look for a board that is at least 7" longer. i think this might be what happened to you

kendall

ray you beat me to the answer lol

carvertim
07-07-2009, 08:04 PM
I never was too good at arithmatic. Sorry guys I just didn't think about the 7 inch rule. Sorry for the mistake. Chief38 had a good thought though. I have had this work too. Select measure board and let the machine measure and then start the project and it soesn't seem to go through the measure sequence again. Is this a known feature or accidental?

liquidguitars
07-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I would not go that rout if you like your wood. :)

LG

hess
07-08-2009, 11:58 PM
I wouldn't even pretend to be even a novice on this machine but I am having a ball. I downloaded the tic-tack-toe pattern from the newsletter and loaded it to my memory card. I loaded a board 26.5" long by 11.3".
The machine asked if I wanted to stay under rollers and I said yes
It then said it was measuring the board and came up with this message.
Length 19.545/23.000
(1) scale to length

Since I didn't want the machine to scale the project I cancelled the job and used option 7 to measure the board. The machine said the board was 26.593 long and 11.318 wide. Plenty big enough for this project.
By the way the board size for the project is 26.000 X 9.203

Anyone have any ideas if it is me or the program. I have carved quite a few projects before and never had such an issue.

I just cut this yesterday and think I used 32 in for the cut worked fine and came out great in best mode. planning on using rails and trap the next time to save on wood like she said 7 inch adds up

mtylerfl
07-09-2009, 12:56 PM

Hello,

:-D "Be sure to follow the instructions and you cannot fail" :-D

First page, second column under the heading "Main Items You Will Need" specifies the board dimension must be at least 9.25" wide x 30" long. I tried to make the instructions so that no one has to "think" too much and can just enjoy running the project, step-by-step. ;)