PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the worst customer service ever

pflug888
07-06-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm posting this hoping it will make a difference in how Carvewright handles customer service based on my experiences:

Not sure if anyone has had similar experiences, but...
I have had several issues with my Carvewright. The other day I called tech support 3 times and gave up each time after waiting over AN HOUR on hold each time. I sent an email asking for help and I told them about waiting on hold for 3 hours ...never got a response.

After not getting the email response after 3 days, I called again and finally got through after waiting 35 minutes on hold. Turns out I needed to replace the whole power supply card, and the machine is less than a month old.

For a company that claims, "Our pride and joy is our Customers." I'm not feeling it. Sorry to rant, but you can imagine the frustration.

hess
07-06-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm posting this hoping it will make a difference in how Carvewright handles customer service based on my experiences:

Not sure if anyone has had similar experiences, but...
I have had several issues with my Carvewright. The other day I called tech support 3 times and gave up each time after waiting over AN HOUR on hold each time. I sent an email asking for help and I told them about waiting on hold for 3 hours ...never got a response.

After not getting the email response after 3 days, I called again and finally got through after waiting 35 minutes on hold. Turns out I needed to replace the whole power supply card, and the machine is less than a month old.

For a company that claims, "Our pride and joy is our Customers." I'm not feeling it. Sorry to rant, but you can imagine the frustration.

I have been lucky in getting thought and my emails are replied to in abiut 3 days. Some say if your put on hold just keep calling back? sometimes it may me better to come here as some ot cw staff are in and out.
It does bite don't know the answer

jab73180
07-06-2009, 12:31 PM
i think that LHR is severly understaffed, but in these times of economic uncertainty a lot of places are.

Digitalwoodshop
07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Sorry you are upset about being on hold.

If you would have asked the question here you would have gotten the answer about the L2 Coil. Yes, you would still need to order a power supply.

AL

Steven Alford
07-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Just saw this on there website......

Phone Support Issues

We apologize for any delay you may have experienced in having your customer service call returned. We have encountered telephone/voice mail problems which we are working to resolve as quickly as possible. If you are able, please send an e-mail detailing your problem, with pictures if appropriate. Our e-mail system is functioning properly. You can use the contact link above to find the appropriate e-mail address.

Every time we complain they put this statement out. If I had that many problems with my phone service, I'd get a new one!!!

jeff412
07-07-2009, 07:39 AM
It usually takes me about a week to get through to them. I believe the number that plays in front of their on hold messages is the number of people in front of you. It says, "3....Thank you for calling LHR.....". When I get on there and I hear "1..Thank you ...." I'll wait on hold about 15 minutes. If I don't get through I just hang up and try again later. I don't think they man the phones all day. They probably have the tech support staff doing other jobs during slow times. If they've only sold 20,000 manchines (I think I've seen that number floating around here) in several years, I'm sure they are having some real financial issues.

JMHO
Jeff

rickyz
07-07-2009, 09:10 AM
too bad you couldn't order parts just like you order accesories on their site. with a parts breakdown and knowledge of the machine it seems like it would cut down on the amount of calls they would have to answer.

Pratyeka
07-07-2009, 09:14 AM
too bad you couldn't order parts just like you order accesories on their site. with a parts breakdown and knowledge of the machine it seems like it would cut down on the amount of calls they would have to answer.

That would also save time in inventory taking and updating, automated orders, accounting... This is 2009, everything should be on the web, specially machine parts, heck I even ordered prescription glasses and 3 piece suits in the web...

PCW
07-07-2009, 10:06 AM
That would also save time in inventory taking and updating, automated orders, accounting... This is 2009, everything should be on the web, specially machine parts, heck I even ordered prescription glasses and 3 piece suits in the web...

That would be to easy. Look at the way they hide the support documents only way to find them is to stumble on them by accident. For a Hi-Tech company LHR lags in alot of basic current technology. It is understandable why their phones are always busy.

Jeff_Birt
07-07-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't know but suspect that 90% of their support calls are simple things that the customer could find out themselves by simply RTFM? How many times have we seen the, "I cranked my machine all the way up and now it is stuck!" questions here on the forum when that is VERY clearly covered in the machine manual.

They have also done a lot of great video tutorials and provided the monthly Tips&Tricks from almost two years now. How many questions do we see on the forum from folks who don't bother to go looking for all the information that is already there?

Last but not least is this forum, I suspect that 90% of all questions could be answered by the forum, but people are either ignorant of its existence or don't bother to learn to use it (the Search feature specifically.)

Everyone griping about 'poor' customer support could do their part by trying to find the answer themselves first. That would eliminate most of the calls to the support techs and leave them free to handle the other problems that the current, widely available resources do not cover. Again, that is an educated guess on my part based on many years of experience providing technical support.

Digitalwoodshop
07-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I too thought it was a little too much of a blast of Customer Service but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Yes, most questions can be answered by reading the manual or this forum. The many that don't bother and just pick up the phone and plug up the phone lines looking for instant answers.

Yes, adding more parts to the internet ordering site would be better.

Just my opinion....:rolleyes:

AL

PCW
07-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Jeff,

Don't take this as being disrespectful towards you or anyone in particular.

What I am referring to is this tread (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?p=95562#post95562) post 6. These documents should be the first thing under Q&A CarveWright Support page not tucked away as if it was a closely guarded secret. All of the repair procedures are hidden. All you should have to do is go to their site and view a repair procedures. Don't understand way they tuck them away. There are some here but the forum has file size limits so some can't be posted.

Most of us do search but you can not order parts here on the forum and that is part of the problem with some of the calls. It not just dumb questions its ordering repair parts as well. If you want to order a part you can not get through on their phone system. They have to make some corrections to the way they do business.

13Z5M
07-07-2009, 01:09 PM
I left a message yesterday...no return call. I left another message today...so far, no return call.

Steve

Jeff_Birt
07-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Don't worry Dan it takes a lot more than that to put a knot in my shorts;)
I had NO idea of what you were referring to thanks for the link. It is always nice to have more information about the machine/software etc. But the fact remains that a large number of people just won't take the time to read any of the information that is readily available. It makes me feel bad for them as I'm sure they are going through all sorts of needles frustration that could be eliminated by simply taking advantage of the information that is already available.

For example: When I released CarveBetter Pattern Editor a few years ago I took a great deal of time to write a good set of instructions covering installation and the operations that were working in the beta version. I still got several dozen emails from folks who obviously had not bothered to read the instructions as they had very basic questions that had been covered. I was happy their questions but could picture their frustration when things were not working. I'm only one guy and it could take me a day or two to make my way through the email and provide a response. I can only imagine what a large company goes through.

I'm sure every company, LHR included, could find ways to improve the dissemination of product information to their customers. It is up to us, the customers, to take full advantage of what ever information we have though.

Maybe Obama should appoint a product manual Czar? :)

SteveEJ
07-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Jeff,
You volunteering? :)

Jeff_Birt
07-07-2009, 02:08 PM
NO! I'm all for keeping the (federal) government out of our lives as much as possible. It seems like those guys who penned the constitution had the right idea after all.

SteveEJ
07-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Jeff,
You are right on.. TJ supports it.
----------------------------------

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe,
we shall become as corrupt as Europe .
Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those
who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes.
A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the
government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:
'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered..'

rickyz
07-30-2009, 11:22 PM
I don't know but suspect that 90% of their support calls are simple things that the customer could find out themselves by simply RTFM? How many times have we seen the, "I cranked my machine all the way up and now it is stuck!" questions here on the forum when that is VERY clearly covered in the machine manual.

They have also done a lot of great video tutorials and provided the monthly Tips&Tricks from almost two years now. How many questions do we see on the forum from folks who don't bother to go looking for all the information that is already there?

Last but not least is this forum, I suspect that 90% of all questions could be answered by the forum, but people are either ignorant of its existence or don't bother to learn to use it (the Search feature specifically.)

Everyone griping about 'poor' customer support could do their part by trying to find the answer themselves first. That would eliminate most of the calls to the support techs and leave them free to handle the other problems that the current, widely available resources do not cover. Again, that is an educated guess on my part based on many years of experience providing technical support.

I think that the technical support provided by LHR is first rate, The phone system however is another matter. I tried to call around 930 this morning because I need new brushes for the cut motor. a 5.00 part. left a message after about 5 tries. the phone would ring once, then say que 1 and then go directly to voice mail. wouldn't even let me wait on hold. I tried a few more times over the day and finally got someone after four hours of trying. I wanted to have the brushes shipped next day air, but by the time I actually talked to someone to get the part, it was past noon and next day air wasn't recommended because it wouldn't be shipped out until the next day. I noticed that there was a post that they are going to put parts ordering on their site. That would be great. anyone have a possible date when this might happen? Wish I could order parts from this forum. Everyone here is great and very helpful. Thank you for letting me rant. I guess I can catch up on other things while my machine sits again for about a week waiting for a part. whoopieee!!!

Digitalwoodshop
07-31-2009, 10:38 AM
Speaking of parts... Anyone not wishing to convert to a Rock can find bit holders and QC as a cut rate price here... just ASK.... I have a box full... many others do too.... I will hold on to my stuff for now but others are wishing to sell them.

I too am waiting for a promised return call about 2 cut motors I sent in for evaluation. Al who?:rolleyes:

PCW
07-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Al who,

Don't forget they have told you publicly here that they appreciate everything you do. That's got to be worth something right? I just wouldn't try taking that to the bank. :mrgreen:

Hope you get a chance to read this post just in case it comes up missing.

DickB
08-01-2009, 09:34 AM
I've unfortunately had similar poor experience with phone and email response. I sent in a z-truck core and waited and waited for my reimbursement. I tried calling a half-dozen times and could not get through. I left messages that went unanswered. Likewise with emails to both orders and support. A few hours after I finally left both a phone message and emails stating that my next action would be to contact my state attorney general's office, I got a call back, acknowledging that my core had been received weeks ago but "accounting" had not credited by account. I finally did get my credit 25 days after the core had been received.

There is no excuse for this poor service - not the size of the company, state of the economy, or anything else. This needs to be fixed.