PDA

View Full Version : Is it all worth it?

trophyman
07-05-2009, 10:56 PM
I must be the all time winner for time spent reading about the CW without actually owning one. At least 4 years!

I keep coming close to purchasing a machine only to gravitate back to this forum & read up on all the problems this system seems to have. I keep wondering why hasn't LRH fixed these problems? Bad switches, loose parts, no lubrication, DOA on arrival. I keep waiting for an improvement.

I understand this is a complicated machine with a learning curve to contend with but these problems don't seem to be a result of this.

Does anyone ever buy a machine, take it out of the box & complete a project without having to take the whole machine apart & rebuild it?

I see there are many accomplished users who love their machines but I wonder what percentage of users they represent? How many buyers return their machines or just get frustrated & let the machine collect dust in the garage?

I love the 3D capability this machine offers.

The scanning probe is facinating.

This forum offers a wealth of information that it's users very graciously share & from someone in the engraving industry this machine is a steal.

But.....is it all worth it?

I know this not a production machine & is intended for the home hobbiest but would I have any better luck?

Thanx

Mark

www.trophyman.com

Steven Alford
07-05-2009, 11:22 PM
I am one of the people that was able to open the box, read the instructions and do several carves with no problems. I don't know that I am one of many or one of few, but one thing to consider; For the most part, if you are happy with your machine you are busy carving with it. If you are not happy with your machine you are complaining on this forum. I really think we don't get to hear from all the owners of this machine because they are happily carving away.

I truly believe the the biggest problem with the machine is the QC. If you replace it with the Rock Chuck you will not have most of the problems people have had.

fwharris
07-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Mark,

I am also one who has ,
"Does anyone ever buy a machine, take it out of the box & complete a project without having to take the whole machine apart & rebuild it?".

Mine is the CompuCarve from Sear's. After I spent a couple of hours reading the book and going through all of the menu selections/functions of the machine, I carved 4 short pattern projects using the built in patterns and a photo of the fishing buddy in a boat. With in the next couple of weeks I had carved something on one side or the other on just about every piece of wood I had in my garage.

Have I had a couple of bumps along the way, Yes. Were they resolved to my liking, Yes.

Has it been worth it, Yes!.

ChrisAlb
07-06-2009, 05:17 AM
I must be the all time winner for time spent reading about the CW without actually owning one. At least 4 years!

Does anyone ever buy a machine, take it out of the box & complete a project without having to take the whole machine apart & rebuild it?

I see there are many accomplished users who love their machines but I wonder what percentage of users they represent?

But.....is it all worth it?

Mark

This is always tough to answer as it's really a personal choice. Now if you've been reading in here for almost 4 years, you might know this already but, let's look a few "Rough" numbers.

As of about a year ago I think the total amount of Machines sold was around 15,000. We have 5,298 Registered users on this form of which 599 are active.

Let's round off....15,000 machines, 5300 Reg Users is roughly 33% of them, 600 active is roughly 20% of them. If we're EXTREMELY generous and say that 1/2 of the active users have had nothing but trouble, that's 10% of the users (on this forum).

Where is the other 9700 owners? Who knows but I'm willing to bet that if they were having any real problems, they'd be here looking for answers. So even with my generous assumption at 1/2 the active users here having trouble, when you add that 9700 into the mix, I think we can safely "assume" less than 5% of all owners have any real problems.

I know it's less than that because first, not 1/2 the active users here have issues and second, When you see posts about real, repeated problems, they are often from the same folks.

So is it worth it? To me, absolutely. I wonder what the percentage of users having trouble with a table saw or any other piece of "much simpler" equipment is?? I'll bet it's higher and I'd also bet if there were a forum for each, we'd know it...LOL

geekviking
07-06-2009, 05:29 AM
I've had my machine for almost a year now, and have had a wonderful time carving away... And reading/sharing on this forum. This community is the best knit group I've seen anywhere on the net (and believe me, I've been around, since before we even called it "the net" :)) I would say, if you can afford to get one as a hobby, you WILL enjoy it & it WILL be worth it! :) Will it always be easy? Maybe not... Will things go awry sometimes? Possibly. But with the support & help of Carvewright & the great bunch of people here on the forum, this can be a life changing & very enjoyable piece of equipment. And look how intrigued you've already been... 4 years? :)
Just my two cents... :cool:

mifflinlake
07-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Mark,

I too read this forum and other sources on the web for a long time before buying a machine. I had my doubts when I finally took the plunge and purchased one. Since this time I have made many great items along with a couple projects that were some real junk. The junk was all created by bad designs which I can blame on myself as part of the learning curve. As far as mechanical problems, I really have not had too many. I have had the head stuck in the up position, I think this was on the second day. This was a simple fix once I re-read the manual and checked the forum. I also had a bit stuck in the QC, once again checked here on the forum and it became an easy fix. I have never had to call LHR for a problem, so I can't attest whether the are as good or bad as some people claim. My machine is strickly for a hobby. I have turned down many people wanting to purchase items from me, just don't have the extra time. I would rather spend the extra time making one quality item instead of turning out 4 or 5 quick signs to sell. So now when I look back, I can say that I am one of the happy owners. I would tell anyone who was considering buying a CW, do your homework, read the forum and enjoy the projects you will make. Don't expect your first project to be a mastepiece, there is a learning curve to the design process. If you have questions on one of your projects, post it here and let others help you with them. The people on the forum can be one of your biggest assets.

John

Wilbur
07-06-2009, 06:43 AM
I am a happy owner as well but not at first.
My first machine was full of mishaps and with the help of LHR we worked them all out except for one which was my fault. I just got tired of repairing and waiting on parts so I quit and gave back my machine to Lowes.
I still wanted a carving machine so I went to Sears and got another one with a 5 yr warranty. I had a QC problem right out the box. I got a Rock and installer it and now I am coming up on about 200 hr of carving.
I am happy that I went back and bought another one. I would suggest going the Lowes or Sears route and get extender warranty. This way if you need to send it back you want have to pay the shipping, they will. Check on this before you buy.

I really like my machine. See everything I have went through with both machines here http://www.angelfire.com/sc/candlemaker/CarveWright.html

Wilbur

MAX COX
07-06-2009, 07:11 AM
I have been a machine since 2006 as a beta machine. I am sure we all had our share of problems back then ,but i believe the folks at LHR have got it to where it is performing
pretty well. Yes, it is definately worth it. Would i do it all over again? YES I WOULD!!!

Digitalwoodshop
07-06-2009, 01:28 PM
To me it is 90% Attitude.... If you have the Attitude or Mindset to want to "Calmly" solve the problems with the machine and learn to use it, then you have a satisfying experience with the machine.

If you have a Bad Attitude right from the start and take it personal that the machine has failed you. Then you feel it is your right to post a blast about it blaming LHR and the UPS man for your machine problems.

It is a high tech piece of wood working equipment, mass produced and shipped thousands of miles before you get it. A Hundred Thousand Dollar CNC is delivered with a team to set it up and run it through it's paces checking it out before the customer signs off on it. Your confusing this machine with a Hundred Thousand Dollar Machine and the service after the sale. I bet your Laser Engraver came with a Salesmen or Tech to help set it up.

So like Chris said, based on the numbers, there are less and less problems NOW.... Look at how few posts show up in the Troubleshooting Thread.

If the machine vibrates things come loose.... The ROCK helps solve that.

Thank you for your interest.

AL

Mark,

If you are planning to use it for your business, you would be better off to buy 2 hobby machines so you can get your orders out in the event of a fault and have the ROCK installed on both machines.

SharonB
07-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Mark....I have a CompuCarve from Sears...no extra warrenty. I've had it a year and a half, put over 200 hours on it and the few problems I've had have been quickly fix...with the help of the forum or a quick call to Texas. Being a woman and having to fix most problems myself I don't find it that much of a challenge...so far. Would I go out and buy a second machine...yes...would just need to figure out how to put more hours a day in the shop. SharonB

cnsranch
07-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Sorry you're gonna have to listen (read) one of my short replies :)

EVERY problem I've had is user error, period (and I've only had a handful). But here's the latest that about made me crazy -

Been helping my son remodel his home. The last step was making some "trim" for his fireplace. Maple, 5.5"w x 8 feet l. Simple design, nothing more than a vine running the entire length, with leaves every 6" - he's an ME, I let him do the design - it was perfect.

Now, for the stock - he brought me 6.5" x 9' rough sawn maple. It was crooked, twisted, warped, you name it.

I've got a few tools, so I went about straitening, jointing, planing, etc. Took off as little stock as I could, he wanted it as thick as it could be, etc.

Loaded the stock up, and the machine went to measure, set-up, etc.

What a nightmare - the machine would run the entire length of the board thru the machine (I had proper roller supports in place), then it would go crazy, running back and forth faster and faster.

I KNEW the problem - it was simple - board wasn't true. Re-planed, (both sides this time - duh) placed it back in the machine - off it went - perfect.

Second board - same thing - spent more time with planing, Al's masking tape, etc. - off it went, perfect - till it got to almost the end of the carve - bit went of on a tangent, got a z stall (or X, don't remember) sh**, screwed it up - unfixable carving - ruined the board (and they aren't cheap).

I KNEW what the problem was, one of the outboard supports slipped, the machine was taking the entire load of the board's weight, couldn't handle it, etc. Lucky the backside of the board was good, replaned, turned the board over, made sure the supports were ok, off it went.

All the while my ME son was griping about how over sensitive the machine was - yadda, yadda, yadda. He didn't have an understanding of the machine's capabilities, or it's sensitivities. All he could do was give me the evil eye about how much I praise the thing.

My point here is this - I'm not close to being a brainiac - I just pay attention to this Forum. I can guarantee you, if I had had those problems, and hadn't paid attention, I would be extremely frustrated - I'd blame the machine, not me. But it was me, not the machine.

BTW, the pieces look great - I'll post once they're on the wall.

dhilburn
07-06-2009, 03:38 PM
This is my first response on this forum
I purchased a used CW off off Ebay
It had only 12 hours on it. I also got the scan probe, and extra bits
I had it for about a week before I used it to do any carving.

I spent the week reading this forum and learning the software
So this past weekend I did my first two carvings
While they were not great, but I thought they were not bad for my first try.

I can understand why some people would have issues with a machine like this
but with just a little time spent understanding how the machine works can go a long way

Like most woodworking machines, there is always ways to improve them.
I think the biggest problem with this machine is the lack of dust collection

But using this forum, I see a number of people have already addressed this issue. And soon you can add me to that list, as I will be building a dust hood for mine.

BBrooks
07-06-2009, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=trophyman;95510]I must be the all time winner for time spent reading about the CW without actually owning one. At least 4 years!
QUOTE]

About 120 hours with no complaints and only a few minor troubles. My QC did exhibit some runout on cutouts around 80 hours but I resolved that with a Rock chuck. I won't ever say the QC was not LHR's best choice for point click and carve, it is a good system and I really dig the machine. Their support is great and the support here in the forums is fantastic. Lots of talented folks who like to share.
Okay, to answer your question more simply: yes. :)
Cheers,

AskBud
07-06-2009, 04:08 PM
This is my first response on this forum
I purchased a used CW off off Ebay
It had only 12 hours on it. I also got the scan probe, and extra bits
I had it for about a week before I used it to do any carving.
Like most woodworking machines, there is always ways to improve them.
I think the biggest problem with this machine is the lack of dust collection

But using this forum, I see a number of people have already addressed this issue. And soon you can add me to that list, as I will be building a dust hood for mine.
Watch the LHR Pattern store for one in the near future.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=95555&postcount=154

ChrisAlb
07-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Watch the LHR Pattern store for one in the near future.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=95555&postcount=154

Hey Bud,

How close does the intake of that get to the work and what size is the intake opening? Looks pretty far away from your pictures. If so, it seems as if it would take one BIG HONKING sucker to pull the bulk of the dust off the wood.

Best of luck with it!! :)

AskBud
07-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey Bud,

How close does the intake of that get to the work and what size is the intake opening? Looks pretty far away from your pictures. If so, it seems as if it would take one BIG HONKING sucker to pull the bulk of the dust off the wood.

Best of luck with it!! :)
Chris,
I played with several designs and ideas before I engineered this one. Dad was a Tool & Die maker, and I was in the trade for a few years. Needless to say I never stopped learning from Dad (even after he died). I find all sorts of notes where he re-engineered some tool/gig to allow it/him to better perform the job. This baby is all mine as dad died in June of '08 at 90 years of age. I looked at lots of "Store-bought" pick-ups and studied the "Flow as much as I could.

I'm attached to a Shopsmith 3300, which is on the "Low" end of the flow charts at 360 CFM. My design keeps most dust off the rollers even on 14" stock.

I keep looking for the best and cleanest way to introduce more airflow into the carving area. This would keep the chips and dust circulating until the Vacuum catches it. I can tell you that most of the dust & chips are picked up, or are in the crevice of the carve rather than on the belts and gear areas.

I know, I did not give you dimensions! You will have to wait on the Project to be for sale, hopefully here at LHR.
AskBud

trophyman
07-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanx everyone for the reassurance. Lowes shows they will be carrying them in store after 7/16. I think I like Lowes better than Sears. As soon as I get it, I'm sure I'll have a million questions. I PROMISE TO HAVE A GOOD ATTITUDE! (you can remind me of this statement)

and yes, that rock chuck looks like a good idea. I see it come in 2 sizes. I would imagine the smaller one would be best for me? I want to engrave small detailed pieces.

Mark

www. trophyman.com

AskBud
07-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Will Lowe's offer an Extanded Warranty?
AskBud

jaroot
03-03-2010, 04:50 PM
My son and I just purchased a refurbished unit. We've had it for about a week. We've carved a few "samples." Only issues that we've had so far is an over heating flex shaft and chip out problems with lettering. Flex shaft issue seems to be taken care of with some motorcycle chain lube. Chip out seems to be as much from things being too small as anything else.

So far we are happy.

Kenm810
03-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Welcome to the CW Forum,

By keeping an eye on the Flex-Shafts temp you should be ok,
read as much as you can on this forum, and try the Search option on Chip-outs
to learn how it works, -- plus don't ever be afraid to ask questions.

lawrence
03-03-2010, 05:13 PM
touch wood (knock on wood) I opened the box and had at it with no problems....

but like the others said, I spent a significant number of hours researching and learning before I loaded my first board up...

Lawrence

CarverJerry
03-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I did the same by reading the tips & tricks, and this forum. Our extended family here will be one of the best tools you can find. When doing a search put things in "quotes", and like the others have said don't be affraid to ask questions. Many thanks to all the great guys here on the forum for answering my simple, stupid, and repeated asked questions. We all start at the same point....beginners with that learning curve. And I'm still there too. Thanks guys, you Rock, and speaking of Rock, the rock chuck will be your best investment too, what a difference it made for me.

robbrigg2
03-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I had significant frustration at the beginning but things are smooth now. With the acception of the cut out bit breakage issue from time to time. The machine is solid and a great source of fun and potential profit. If you buy new think very hard about making modifications before the warranty expires because LHR is very stern where that issue is concerned. I make a lot of splinters and have gotten a lot of "thank you's" with a little extra cha-ching ta boot. Do maintenance as recommended and you will not go wrong.

Capt Bruce
03-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Like yourself I lurked and read for quite some time before I made the purchase decision (part of that time imposed by the Get It All layaway plan). One glaring problem that turned out to be a discrepant memory card. The helpful Forum members talked me through that difficulty and LHR responded to my requests for assistance and a replacement. Since then no problems except my learning curve. I'm amazed every day by what the machine can accomplish and I think I'll always be the weakest part of the system. So I say dive in and enjoy the pool!

Rearden
04-21-2011, 09:19 AM
I've been scheming to buy a small CNC for several years now. Things keep changing and every time that I felt like I had found my silver bullet I'd hear or read about some frightful experience that someone had suffered at the hands of the horrible manufacturer who was just out to steal them blind. Now I'm not trying to suggest that there aren't plenty of folks out there that are just trans-shipping whatever import junk they can get their hands on to make a buck, but by and large...people don't stay in business long these days if all they bring to market is junk. Just look at G.M....er, sorry bad example. ;)

Anyway, taxpayer bailouts notwithstanding, these guys aren't in the business of selling everything from T.V.'s to T.V. dinners, they're making and selling CarveWrights. They're also not likely to have enough politicians paid off to earn "Too Big To Fail" staus. Other than accessories and options, it seems to me that their business model makes them pretty much dependent on this one horse being able to finish the race. The machine was obviously not crafted out of twigs and string, so there's been a pretty significant investment of time and money put into it. What I'm trying to say is that they have every reason to want this equipment to be the best that it can be, because if it isn't...then the market will turn them out. With over 15,000 sold, I'd say the market has been pretty receptive.

As for the problems and issues that people experience, I think a little context is in order.

You can't count on getting what you order at McDonalds right half the time, and if ever there was an idiot proofed system for producing something simple...they have it. Cash registers now do everything but spit nickels to account for mouth breeder operation...and they still screw it up. I bought a commercial lawn mower to use at my home that cost me thousands of dollars, and has been nothing but a giant PITA from day one. American made from stem to stern, and built with the same attention to detail that any UAW shop would exhibit. It uses a four stroke Briggs and Stratton engine for crimminy sake...how long have we been making and using them, and they still have problems? My year old garden tiller has been returned twice and it's not a cheapo, or a full year old yet. My son bought a stupid expensive gaming laptop from a top maker that was RTV'ed three times in the first year.

We're not talkin' about hamburgers or lawn mowers I know, but this is a very specialized piece of reasonably precise machinery that combines mechanical devices and computers into a package that still has to survive excitable operator errors and shipping chimps. I would suggest that the fact that anybody gets one that works 100% right out of the box is something of a minor miracle. Stop in and watch a sort at one of the freight companies sometime. You'd be amazed that anything gets where it's going in one piece.

I recently bought a glow in the dark printer (came from Japan) that is in the same relative price range as a CW package. It took a tech half a day to get it set up and working...but not 100% right. That took another three days of running around and fidgeting. I still love the printer, and it does everything that it's supposed to do, but if I had gotten it shipped right to my door and had to deal with that...well it wouldn't have been pretty. That's also why several hundred dollars of the product's cost includes that type of support and set up. I'm pretty sure that if the makers of CW were to change their marketing strategy to one of 100% customer satisfaction at any cost...we'd be paying a tad more for the pleasure of that security. Hey,...maybe we could get the government to step in and fix this too? :rolleyes:

cnsranch
04-21-2011, 09:33 AM
You're right - but have you bought your Carvewright, yet?

Fletcher
04-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Coming from a mold making background, I have a "little bit" of experience with cnc's of many types. I have also owned other desktop cnc machines, a 3D printer, and recently built a large 4' x 8' cnc router table. I too read this forum for about a year before I bought my CW. I called Mike Tyler and had a brief chat about the machine too, during which he convinced me that there was a lot of operator error going on.

I finally bought the machine and installed the Rock Chuck AND dust collection within the first week of owning it - the machine has not failed me yet. Amongst all of the toys I listed above, the CW is a GREAT value for the money! My 3D printer cost me $50k + $9k/year maintenance fee, and it failed all the time. I got so good at fixing it myself that I cancelled the $9k maintenance program! My "other" desktop cnc was just tooooooooooo slooooowwww, plus it required some machining and CAD/CAM knowledge to run it - same for my large table, requires more "know-how". The CW takes a ton of that "know-how" away and gets you carving very complex 3D reliefs in no time. I've been drawing in 3D for 20 years now and I still LOVE how CWDesigner works, I was so happy when they allowed exporting STL files.

If you are an engraver, don't expect to use your CW on metals. Keep it strictly for carving wood or plastic, get it with the CT or install a Rock, carve my dust collector and install it, and you will be a happy digital wood carver. The BEST part though is this forum. Nowhere else, for any type of equipment, have I seen a group this active and full of experience. This forum alone will get you through most of your issues to get back up and running.

Now, quit reading here and go buy one - we all did! Then you can come back here and convince other folks whom are sitting on the fence! <smile>

cnsranch
04-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Nowhere else have I seen a group this full of experience.

So THAT'S what we're full of :)

liquidguitars
04-21-2011, 10:31 AM
My 3D printer cost me $50k + $9k/year maintenance fee,

Well that's some coin.. I like to see what your making one day.

My Carvewright tables where shot on my old A machine so I sent it to LHR realizing that i needed the extra machine i got a A unit off Ebay a "Carvewright A classic" only 60 hrs with all the old parts even the old z flag. After the unit came into the shop I gave it an inspection normally I guy like me would look for a newer model with all the upgrades but the guy that sold it installed a Rock on the old C so that was a big pull.

First thing? Removed the plastic FFC protector, replaced board sensor, removed the sharp z flag, re seated cables and loosened hood. outcome? 40 minutes of work netted a fully operational CW carving violin parts perfectly and wow a table that a I could use without fighting for hrs before carving so nice YES!

lynnfrwd
04-21-2011, 10:43 AM
I've been scheming to buy a small CNC for several years now. Things keep changing and every time that I felt like I had found my silver bullet I'd hear or read about some frightful experience that someone had suffered at the hands of the horrible manufacturer who was just out to steal them blind. Now I'm not trying to suggest that there aren't plenty of folks out there that are just trans-shipping

...(READ BELOW TO SEE ALL OF MESSAGE).....

That's also why several hundred dollars of the product's cost includes that type of support and set up. I'm pretty sure that if the makers of CW were to change their marketing strategy to one of 100% customer satisfaction at any cost...we'd be paying a tad more for the pleasure of that security. Hey,...maybe we could get the government to step in and fix this too? :rolleyes:

You've got a great sense of humor and VERY good writing skills! I enjoyed that very much!

Digitalwoodshop
04-21-2011, 10:49 AM
I had to send him a PM and ask about the Glow in the Dark Printer as I do printing and it caught my attention.... Turns out it was just a little fun with words.... as in Radioactive Ink from Japan.... I didn't get it until he explained it in the PM.... Call me a little slow.... LOL....

Hope he gets a machine soon....

AL

liquidguitars
04-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi Connie,

By any chance do you know if my machine shipped yet? I got a receipt that the unit was done.

lynnfrwd
04-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi Connie,

By any chance do you know if my machine shipped yet? I got a receipt that the unit was done.

Hey Brandon,

I'm at lunch but will check with John when I get back.

Rearden
04-21-2011, 01:22 PM
This is just gettin' downright spooky now.

I had a bunch of questions that I was too impatient to post, so I called Texas and was hooked up with Lynn. She's readin' my posts as we speak and all of the sudden says "are you Rearden?"
But that ain't the spooky part.

After she answers all of my questions and asks when I'm gonna order, I explain that I'm just waitin' on a check from an amnesiac (I am when it's all said and done - but a vessel through which money flows).

It seems that the poor unfortunate developed the ailment sometime between me installing his new bar and him buyin' a fancy new German car.

I can certainly understand though, he probably just got confused is all. You know,...car...bar...what with him just bein' a po' little ol' tort lawyer and me bein' the independently wealthy financier and international master of arbitrage - that's building glorified boxes out of a big shed in his back yard. Perfectly understandable.

So I hang up with Lynn and not ten minutes later my phone rings. Wouldn't ya know it's my new BFF, the amnesiac. Seems he's been vacationing in some third world paradise and was just now gettin' caught up with the daily death threats that I've been leavin' with his secretary. He was a little upset about some mention I may have made about eating his still beating heart in front of him and his children, but he assured me that everything would be made right as rain, and pronto.

How's that for serendipity? So now all's right with my world, and he assured me..."the check's in the mail!"

Of course he is still a lawyer...

You don't think...?

fwharris
04-21-2011, 01:58 PM
This is just gettin' downright spooky now.

I had a bunch of questions that I was too impatient to post, so I called Texas and was hooked up with Lynn. She's readin' my posts as we speak and all of the sudden says "are you Rearden?"
But that ain't the spooky part.

After she answers all of my questions and asks when I'm gonna order, I explain that I'm just waitin' on a check from an amnesiac (I am when it's all said and done - but a vessel through which money flows).

It seems that the poor unfortunate developed the ailment sometime between me installing his new bar and him buyin' a fancy new German car.

I can certainly understand though, he probably just got confused is all. You know,...car...bar...what with him just bein' a po' little ol' tort lawyer and me bein' the independently wealthy financier and international master of arbitrage - that's building glorified boxes out of a big shed in his back yard. Perfectly understandable.

So I hang up with Lynn and not ten minutes later my phone rings. Wouldn't ya know it's my new BFF, the amnesiac. Seems he's been vacationing in some third world paradise and was just now gettin' caught up with the daily death threats that I've been leavin' with his secretary. He was a little upset about some mention I may have made about eating his still beating heart in front of him and his children, but he assured me that everything would be made right as rain, and pronto.

How's that for serendipity? So now all's right with my world, and he assured me..."the check's in the mail!"

Of course he is still a lawyer...

You don't think...?

LMAO... good one!!!!

lynnfrwd
04-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Hey Brandon:

I talked to John and he thinks it went out on Tuesday, but he will get the tracking number and email it to you.

Hey Rearden:

I'll be talking to you next week, pardner!! (I guess you really were an "Urban Cowboy" to all those feisty Texas gals! If only I had been a few years older, I'd have been boot scootin' there myself!)

Lynn

Rearden
04-21-2011, 04:24 PM
They were a mighty hospitable bunch. ;)

Ahhh, to be young and single...seems that it'was but a dream. :)