PDA

View Full Version : How to share pic on forum?

rhausman
07-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I've seen directions for sizing pictures, etc. for the forum but can't find them ... I finally have something I'd like to share so, could someone direct me? Thanks, rmh

AskBud
07-05-2009, 08:43 PM
I've seen directions for sizing pictures, etc. for the forum but can't find them ... I finally have something I'd like to share so, could someone direct me? Thanks, rmh

here is a quick way that may work.
I had a picture that was 458KB. I opened Word, and "Inserted" the picture. I then formatted the photo to about 3" and "Copied" the image. Next, I opened PAINT and PASTED the item. I then saved that Paint image as a new file and it is less than 20KB.
AskBud

rjustice
07-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I use Pixillion image converter... It does a lot more than what your asking, but does this easily too. You can download a trial version that will do this kind of stuff forever. If you need the advanced functions its about $30 for full license...

http://www.nchsoftware.com/imageconverter/plus.html

Hope this helps...

Ron

AskBud
07-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Here is the Attachment Chart.
AskBud

PCW
07-05-2009, 08:55 PM
When either replying or starting a tread look for the paper clip (Manage Attachments). Browse for the file you want to share and click upload. Once the file is uploaded click on the arrow next to the paper clip and attach the file.

There are file size limit. See Bud's picture below.

rhausman
07-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the advice and measurement limitations ... I use photoshop so will try that. rmh

Steven Alford
07-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Try Microsoft's Tweakui Image Resizer. It is free and works like a charm.
Just navigate toward to the bottom of the page and look for "Image Resizer" and download and install. It becomes part of your Windows Explorer so that when you have an image up, you just right click on it and choice "Resize Image" from drop down list and choose the size you want and click OK.
Be aware that this software is for Windows XP. I am sure there is one available for Vista.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

AskBud
07-05-2009, 10:14 PM
I had not tried that "resize" tool, it's neat.
AskBud

Steven Alford
07-05-2009, 11:26 PM
WOW!! I found something that Bud did not know!! How many points do I get for that?

fwharris
07-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Try Microsoft's Tweakui Image Resizer. It is free and works like a charm.
Just navigate toward to the bottom of the page and look for "Image Resizer" and download and install. It becomes part of your Windows Explorer so that when you have an image up, you just right click on it and choice "Resize Image" from drop down list and choose the size you want and click OK.
Be aware that this software is for Windows XP. I am sure there is one available for Vista.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Steve,

Thanks for the resizer link. Man is that easier than the way I've been doing it!!

forqnc
07-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Check the PDF link in my Signature.
Good Luck