PDA

View Full Version : Check Cut Motor error

RGRodgers
07-05-2009, 12:18 PM
My cut motor stopped running half way through a project. Now, when I start up a project, I get a message saying Check Cut Motor. And, it never starts running. :confused: What can I do to fix this?

supershingler
07-05-2009, 02:55 PM
did you try to hit enter after the message came up

i have one machine that i have to do that to everytime i carve something.

good luck

kendall

RGRodgers
07-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I did hit enter. The machine goes ahead and runs like the motor is running, but it is not cutting anything. Thanks.

Jeff_Birt
07-05-2009, 03:30 PM
If the cut motor is running there are three good possibilities:

1) Cut motor switch (rear cover switch.) or connections/wires.
2) Cut motor bad (brushes, etc)
3) Cut motor drive board.

Digitalwoodshop
07-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Like Jeff said above it could be the right side cover switch is loose or the cover pivot point hinge is loose.

Also follow the wires from the right side switches and look to see if one of the round push plugs has come un plugged.

It is a simple power in on a black wire to the black wire of the motor. The White wire in detours through the right side switch and then to the white motor wire. Sounds like one of the wires has un plugged.

Could be a brush sticking... Tapping on cut motor lightly with a screw driver handle. With only 2 posts I bet you don't have 275 cut motor hours on the motor and the brushes are too short.

Under the machine is the X Termination Board. It has a big orange Capacitor about 3/4 inches long and 1/4 inches wide. If one side of the C1 Capacitor breaks off, the Cut Motor will stop or in earlier versions of the software run the cut motor when you don't want it to run....

Last is could be a power supply problem, not the usual L2 Coil problem but a new problem.

My money is on the Right Cover Switch or a wire un plugged.

Remember if you mess with the right cover switch wires, you need to tuck the wires into the back corner of the right side of the case. If you don't then the Z Motor cooling fins or Encoder hit the wires and the Y won't be able to get over far enough to push out the Bit Plate. Then you will get a error message... LOAD BIT....

Good Luck !!!!

If you are new to this seeing only 2 posts, be sure to read the Tips and Tricks....

AL

RGRodgers
07-06-2009, 02:46 PM
The cover switch seemed to be fine, because I didn't receive an open cover message. However, I took the wires to the motor apart and put them back. Now, it runs again! So, thanks so much for your help. I was very lost in trying to solve this.

Wilbur
07-06-2009, 05:09 PM
You may need to take a peace of tape and tape those wires to the back of the cover.
I had this happen three times and never could see what was pulling then loose but the tape stopped that.

Wilbur