PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug with 1.150?!?!

mikepail
07-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi all,
I was just getting back to using my CarveWright this weekend after some down time due to a bad QC which led to me melting the bearing dust shields on the spindle bearings. Anyways, new Z-truck and a new Rock Chuck (everything it's cracked up to me, BTW) and I am finally ready to carve a project I've been waiting on FOREVER.

In running the project, I have either a) encountered a pretty large bug, or b) done something stupid.

I've attached my project file, which will make explaining the issue 10x easier. It is basically a bunch of drill holes, several square openings and a square outline that is to be carved using the 60 degree V Bit. I have the outline because I am going to cut out the invidual pieces with a table saw to save wear-and-tear and it is there to make sure I cut the pieces to the right dimensions.

When I run the project, it asks for three bits:
1) Vector Bit - 60 degree V
2) Drill Bit - 1/8" drill
3) Vector Bit - 1/8" straight

This all goes as expected, but when it runs it first cuts the square cutout in the upper left corner and then without asking for the V bit, it begins to carve the outline! I have the outline depth set to 0.020" and that is the depth that the rout is being made, but it is being made with the 1/8" bit instead of the V bit! Luckily I caught it quickly and I should be able to save the 64" x 4" x 0.5" white oak board I'm carving.

I've submitted an email to software@carvewright.com, but I thought someone could tell me what I am doing wrong of confirm there may be a bug.

Thanks all!!
Mike

Digitalwoodshop
07-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I couldn't open it yet but what bit did you assign to the path?

What does the Computer see?

AL

Pratyeka
07-04-2009, 02:42 PM
I have opened your mpc and I can see stuff on the rear side of the board that doesn't look right. Did you mean to duplicate the front on the rear side of the board?

mikepail
07-05-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't see any objects on the back. If I temporarily place a rectangle on the back, it is the only object on the back. There are some features on the front that protude all the way through, and that is expected.

As for which bit is assigned to the path, it is the 60 degree V Bit.

I split up the project into two files, one with only the outline and another with everything else and it carved perfectly. Combine them and I get the same problem.

Anyone else like a challenge?

MCGEE2SKINNER
07-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi
I upgraded to 1.150 today uploaded a project. I went to the carver and started the project it went nuts. First it told me to check the board sensor then check the board tracking jurked back and forth. Mesured wrong and started all over again with checking everything. Went back to the computer and uploaded onto another card and told it not to load machine logic. Went to the carver and it worked perfectly.

Jim McGee

Steven Alford
07-05-2009, 04:58 PM
How do you tell it to not load machine logic??

Pratyeka
07-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't see any objects on the back. If I temporarily place a rectangle on the back, it is the only object on the back. There are some features on the front that protude all the way through, and that is expected.

As for which bit is assigned to the path, it is the 60 degree V Bit.

I split up the project into two files, one with only the outline and another with everything else and it carved perfectly. Combine them and I get the same problem.

Anyone else like a challenge?

I saw the rear stuff by opening the carving list.

Digitalwoodshop
07-05-2009, 05:43 PM
If you have a card with a older version of the designer you are using, it will ask you if you want to load the latest version and you can say no.

AL

mikepail
07-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Pratyeka,
I have groups that I've defined and named "Rear" but the name is to indicate to me it is the rear part in my assembly. There are no carvings on the rear of the board.

Mike

atauer
07-06-2009, 01:49 PM
The cut-outs in the software have a bit assigned to them. Why? When doing cut-outs, it automatically selects the 1/8 cutting bit. You shouldn't have to apply the straight bit to it...