PDA

View Full Version : Help with Y Axis

van
07-01-2009, 10:44 AM
My machine was running about an hour and a half then it quit. When I checked the display it said, "Clean Y Axis rails." Before I start a new carve I always clean everything very well. So I went and cleaned it up again without moving anything, hit enter and away it went. It ran for 5 minutes and quit again (same message as before). I was in there looking and evidently when I restarted it, it had jumped over a half inch towards the key pad and started it's carve for the 5 minutes. I am sure there's no dust or dirt in there. I just don't understand why it did that. I need some help. Can anyone point me into the right direction?

Thanks,
Van

Digitalwoodshop
07-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Van,

Wood chips are getting in the Y belt....

AL

DocWheeler
07-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Van,

If you are using 1.134, it is a problem with the firmware, go back to 1.131 firmware.

Digitalwoodshop
07-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Did I miss something?

AL

ChrisAlb
07-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Did I miss something?

AL

No buddy, I don't think so. I too thought it was the 1.134 until I got the Y motor alignment straightened out. As you know, since then I haven't had that issue so I'm reasonably sure this one was my CW and not the software.

van
07-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Van,

If you are using 1.134, it is a problem with the firmware, go back to 1.131 firmware.

Thanks to both of you's. I cleaned it out again and run a different program (much smaller) and it seemed to work fine. I was getting a little worried that there might be something wrong with the 1.134 firmware. I haven't had any problem with the 1.134 firmware. The chips in the belt was the first time that had happened to me.

Thanks again,
Van