PDA

View Full Version : Whos has the best deal with the best warantee on a carvewright woodworking system

mabco12
06-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Just looking for suggestions???

pkunk
06-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Get it from the source.:) http://store.carvewright.com/home.php

hess
06-30-2009, 01:18 AM

Get it from Jason and save some bucks it will come from CW right to your door why pay the extra bucks it dont get you any more or less than any other CW

Now if you want low $$ and long Warranty go Sears. It is the same I have both and have to say the CW have been the demon of the 2 The CC has been fine luck of the draw but I will like the 5 year Warranty. I think I saw where Sears has a sale on right now on the CC

Refub Reg 1400 now 900 And think you still can get extended warranty. I think Ask Bud has a CC and has done well with it. I think now!!

Forgot to tell U no matter what or where you buy While you are waiting for it do yourself a BIG favor and order a ROCK from Ron. 1st thing you do when U take the unit out of the box is change the QC to the rock.

Wilbur
06-30-2009, 07:08 AM
All post are good.

The CW and CC are the same. If there are any difference I don't know what it is.

I bough a CW last yr from Lowes and to tell the truth I had nothing but trouble with it.

LHR was very good to work with and with there help and the help of people here I was able to repair with out sending it to LHR.

After being down for 6 weeks and changing parts out every week with out a fix I was going to send it back to LHR to be fixed. I found that it would cost me 158.00 to ship it back, well I said no, so I took it back to Lowes and got my money back.

Not knowing at the time that Lowes would have shipped it back. Not costing me anything.

I knew that Sears had a 5 yr warranty you could buy and I liked the machine.
I went over to Sears and got a CC. Look here to see what I went through http://www.angelfire.com/sc/candlemaker/CarveWright.html

I now have 130 hr of carving time with only one problem. Right off the bat I had QC problems and replaced it with the Rock Chuck and have not had a problem.

I am coming up on the 200 hr. warranty and then the Sears 5 yr takes over.
I have not enjoyed anything in my shop as much as the CC.

For me going with Sears or Lowes is the way to go with extended warranty and ask both if they ship back for repair or do you.

The CW and CC are the same machine and comes from the same place. With both the first yr or 200 hr run time warranty is handled through LHR .

Keep the machine clean.

Wilbur

chebytrk
06-30-2009, 07:49 AM
All post are good.

The CW and CC are the same. If there are any difference I don't know what it is.

I bough a CW last yr from Lowes and to tell the truth I had nothing but trouble with it.

LHR was very good to work with and with there help and the help of people here I was able to repair with out sending it to LHR.

After being down for 6 weeks and changing parts out every week with out a fix I was going to send it back to LHR to be fixed. I found that it would cost me 158.00 to ship it back, well I said no, so I took it back to Lowes and got my money back.

Not knowing at the time that Lowes would have shipped it back. Not costing me anything.

I knew that Sears had a 5 yr warranty you could buy and I liked the machine.
I went over to Sears and got a CC. Look here to see what I went through http://www.angelfire.com/sc/candlemaker/CarveWright.html

I now have 130 hr of carving time with only one problem. Right off the bat I had QC problems and replaced it with the Rock Chuck and have not had a problem.

I am coming up on the 200 hr. warranty and then the Sears 5 yr takes over.
I have not enjoyed anything in my shop as much as the CC.

For me going with Sears or Lowes is the way to go with extended warranty and ask both if they ship back for repair or do you.

The CW and CC are the same machine and comes from the same place. With both the first yr or 200 hr run time warranty is handled through LHR .

Keep the machine clean.

Wilbur

Just curious... what's the approx. cost for a 5 yr. warranty. I bought mine thru Sears last December and never got a extended warranty. Maybe there's still a chance I can get it?

hess
06-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Mine was less the 300 for five years

Wilbur
06-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Mine was also less than 300 but By doing that I saves 158.00 because I was about to spend 158.00 to ship it back to LHR so looking at it that was Mine cost me about 145.00.
I would really suggest going that route. Lowes may also offer extended warranty, they do on everything else.
When I bought my first one from Lowes, they did not even know they sold them. Did not know what I was talking about.
Sears now has the machine for 1799.00 I believe. It is for club members and will only last for a while.

Wilbur