PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally found a new step

cnc4me
06-28-2009, 07:42 AM
Yesterday while setting up a 14"x 25"board I found something. During the tip find of my cutout tool I needed to press stop while it was going to do its depth check on the far side of the board ( needed to press stop to move my bit plate out of the way as I have it held open due to problems in the past ) anyway after I had moved my bit plate back to its normal position and closed the cover then pressed enter to proceed, the screen asked me for BOARD THICKNESS. I was at this point I thought I may have to power off and start all over. Well I thought what the hell I will give it the value and just see. So I typed in .625 and it was done with its measurement. It didnt need to go and touch the sliding squaring rail. Now it bypasses the sliding rail touch all together and just asks me for the board thickness. I dont know about you but I like this better, I like having more control over this value since I have found nothing that tells me how far past the board my cutout tool goes. Does anybody know how far past it goes?

ChrisAlb
06-28-2009, 07:54 AM
It will always ask for the board thickness on anything wider than 13". It does this because it knows it can't reach the guide plate to touch it without activating the bit plate and having it get in the way.

When checking for the board thickness "automatically", it travels all the way down to the Z bottom to it's internally stored zero after touching the board surface. This is how it calculates the thickness of the board by figuring out the difference between the two.

cnc4me
06-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Ah, ok here I thought I found something cool. Thanks Chris. Hey by the way do you know how far past the board the cutout tool protrudes?

ChrisAlb
06-28-2009, 08:26 AM
It will always ask for the board thickness on anything wider than 13". It does this because it knows it can't reach the guide plate to touch it without activating the bit plate and having it get in the way.

When checking for the board thickness "automatically", it travels all the way down to the Z bottom to it's internally stored zero after touching the board surface. This is how it calculates the thickness of the board by figuring out the difference between the two.

LOL...answered that in my previous post.... http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Unless you meant when it's actually cutting? In which case, only a fuzz past the bottom of the board.

badger
06-28-2009, 09:23 AM
In which case, only a fuzz past the bottom of the board.

Is that an English fuzz or Metric fuzz

:mrgreen:

ChrisAlb
06-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Is that an English fuzz or Metric fuzz

:mrgreen:

LOL...there's only one fuzz I know of and it has nothing to do with that met-er-ic stuff...:rolleyes:

pkunk
06-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Careful now Chris. :) I bet there's alot of us that knows what that means & it's not forum PC.

ChrisAlb
06-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Careful now Chris. :) I bet there's alot of us that knows what that means & it's not forum PC.

Sorry Paul, you're absolutely right. But I knew YOU would know...LOL

I'll gladly delete it if you feel I should....http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

In fact, I probably should before the questions start.....:rolleyes:

jcorder
06-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Sorry Paul, you're absolutely right. But I knew YOU would know...LOL

I'll gladly delete it if you feel I should....http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

In fact, I probably should before the questions start.....:rolleyes:

Wait Chris!
Don't delete it yet, give me a chance to GOOGLE IT! LMAO