PDA

View Full Version : First Carve...Machine Stopped 10% in.

Falbs
06-27-2009, 09:27 PM
I set my machine to start carving and left for a little while. when i came back the machine was stopped and back at the start menu. The project was partially carved i would say about 10%. What could have went wrong.

Thank you for your help in advance.

mtylerfl
06-27-2009, 09:44 PM
I set my machine to start carving and left for a little while. when i came back the machine was stopped and back at the start menu. The project was partially carved i would say about 10%. What could have went wrong.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Hello,

Not nearly enough info to be able to answer that question definitively. The mpc - let us take a peek at it to see if there is anything "up" with the file (don't post it if it has any non-protected commercial patterns on it, please)...did you have a power outage or are you running anything else on the same electrical circuit that caused the machine voltage to drop?...did the LCD have any error message displayed?...if not an error message, what DID it display?

Sorry to answer your question with more questions - maybe you could supply a few more details so we can help?;)

Falbs
06-27-2009, 09:57 PM
No did not loose power and it is running on it's own circuit. The lcd displayed just the first screen that comes up when you put the memory card in the machine. No error message was displayed.

Falbs
06-27-2009, 10:24 PM
When i accessed my memory card it said that there was error y axis stall.

can you some help with an explanation.

Thank you

jpitz31
06-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Hello Falbs,

I had the same problem. As you are cutting, Dust is collecting on the rail and in the area of the y axis travel and binding the chuck on it's y axis.

You have to keep the area clean. Take a look a the dust collector thread on how some of our users have constructed a dust collector system.

To repair the problem. clean and lubricate the Y and Z axis.

Until you come up with a solution for dust collection you may have to pause the CW while you are cutting, to clean out the dust and then resume cutting.

Please use the stop button and do not lift the dust lid (cover) as this will stop the motor, but keep the chuck moving on the Y axis.

Thanks

Joe

Falbs
06-28-2009, 03:12 PM
I do have a dust collector running and it is sucking a pretty good share of the carve dust.

Actually tried another carve this morning and got a x y and z axis stall.

mtylerfl
06-28-2009, 04:12 PM
I do have a dust collector running and it is sucking a pretty good share of the carve dust.

Actually tried another carve this morning and got a x y and z axis stall.

Assuming you downloaded and read the Troubleshooting Guide, did you already check all the items mentioned for Y/Z stalls (page 5 and 6)?

If you don't have the Guide, download it from here...
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=32555&postcount=11

will george
06-29-2009, 12:25 PM
I FOR ONE WOULD SAYTHE MACHINE. And not you.. I for one love my machine BUT I do think the folks that make it hardly care about our problems. Maybe they do care but I hardly ever see anything that expresses it.. All I see is to SELL something new!

I still think I LOVE my carving machine anyway!
I think they really care but do not think as a I do!

want2learn
07-01-2009, 07:28 AM
How much would you like your job for a bowl of rice a day, they should up the price some [for quality material and proud workmanship] and make it in North America !! [I'm from Canada eh!]

cnsranch
07-01-2009, 09:57 AM
I do think the folks that make it hardly care about our problems.

If you guys are talking about the people that screw the machine together, they don't care any more or less than the guy screwing door panels on a GM.

If you're talking about the guys at LHR, you're nuts to think they don't care what we have to say.

Think about it - potential customers visit this forum constantly (go to Quick Links, and then to Who's Online to see what I mean), and LHR would prefer this forum to be a constant love fest about the machine and the service and support we all get.

As a result, they're visiting the forum all the time, not to find the guys they want off of it, but to take our temperature, see what cool things we're coming up with, and the problems we have - it's free R&D - there are some guys here that know the machine better then they do (that may be a stretch, but not by much), and I bet the folks at LHR learn something every day from us here on the Forum.

Some of the improvements in 1.134 were made because we were all voicing the same troubles here.

I'm no more knowledgeable about the inner workings of LHR than you, but I do know a little about business. If they're not paying attention, if they're not scratching their heads about that Rock thread, if they're not constantly working to improve the machine and it's software, they're doomed as a Company.

I guarantee you they're not doomed - they're doing their job.

ChrisAlb
07-01-2009, 10:09 AM
If you guys are talking about the people that screw the machine together, they don't care any more or less than the guy screwing door panels on a GM.

If you're talking about the guys at LHR, you're nuts to think they don't care what we have to say.

Think about it - potential customers visit this forum constantly (go to Quick Links, and then to Who's Online to see what I mean), and LHR would prefer this forum to be a constant love fest about the machine and the service and support we all get.

As a result, they're visiting the forum all the time, not to find the guys they want off of it, but to take our temperature, see what cool things we're coming up with, and the problems we have - it's free R&D - there are some guys here that know the machine better then they do (that may be a stretch, but not by much), and I bet the folks at LHR learn something every day from us here on the Forum.

Some of the improvements in 1.134 were made because we were all voicing the same troubles here.

I'm no more knowledgeable about the inner workings of LHR than you, but I do know a little about business. If they're not paying attention, if they're not scratching their heads about that Rock thread, if they're not constantly working to improve the machine and it's software, they're doomed as a Company.

I guarantee you they're not doomed - they're doing their job.

http://www.forexfactory.com/images/smilies/yim/thumbsup.gif http://www.forexfactory.com/images/smilies/yim/thumbsup.gif.....Jerry