PDA

View Full Version : Quick Release Chuck coming loose ...

Ron Smith
03-12-2006, 05:55 PM
I was cutting some signs this afternoon and suddenly I heard strange noises coming from the machine. I glanced in at the carving and saw the bit was wobbling. I immediately stopped it. The quick release chuck that screws onto the cutting head had worked loose by several threads. I unscrewed it all the way and inspected the threads. They looked okay, so I added some locktite and screwed it back up tight. The balance of the afternoon went okay with no further issues. I was only able to snug the quick release chuck up to the cutter head because I didn't have a flat wrench to reach in and tighten any more.

nicobie
03-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Hey Ron,

Thanks for your post. This is what forums are about.

When I get my machine (charged to my credit card 2/16/06) I'll add that to my list of things to check before attempting to boot up.

:wink:

yenne
03-14-2006, 11:20 PM
I've informed Chris Lovchik that this happened, and he will be looking into it.

Fritchen
05-25-2008, 09:43 PM
I just received my machine less than a week ago. I really like it but today te same thing happened to me. In the middle of a carve, it made a terrible noise. I then shut it off right away. I looked in the case and noticed the Chuck was wobbling and had come unscrewed.

I am not quite sure how to get it back on to stay on.

rjustice
05-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi Fritchen,
Sorry to hear you are also having trouble. To re assemble the QC, simiply clean off the threads well on the spindle, I recommend using rubbing alcohol to remove any oils. Put a couple drops of BLUE Loctite, or Threadlocker on the spindle threads, and screw the QC back on till it bottoms out, and just snug up. I also recommend letting it sit over night to allow the Loctite to fully cure.
It helps to have the right tools for the job. If you need them, I have the Thin wrench, Square tool, and Loctite needed for the job. Just email me at the below address..

Good Luck, and Happy Carving...

Ron

Johnny49
05-31-2008, 08:15 AM
I have 24 hrs on my machine and have had a couple of issues.
During a carve one of the allen screws holding the bit came completely out nicking the chuck. Been extra careful making sure the bits are locked in since.

Yesterday during a carve one of the truck wheels broke off. Now I have to take the machine in for repair. I live about 25 miles away so shouldn't be too bad. I hope the repairs are fast.