PDA

View Full Version : Screwed up letter routing

lpcsales
03-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Is there a problem with the software regarding letters? If I enter some text, select Centerline I get some very strange vectors for the letters. I'm using arial font, but have noticed that it does the same with other fonts as well.
The problem is that there are some very strange vectors in the letters, vectors that make NO sense at all and they are reflected in the output of the CW. For example, Arial font, Letter 'A', half way up the legs there are vectors that suddenly take a 90 degree turn inward on both legs of the letter. This makes no sense at all!
I don't want to use raster to generate the letters because of the tremendous increase in the time...vectors are the only way to go because of the speed.
Is there a problem with the software regarding the fonts or what? The results I'm getting are simply not acceptable. What's the solution or am I doing something wrong?

Please help!

Dan-Woodman
03-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey Dave
I think these are extra lines to make the fonts look hand carved.
I asked this question in one of the other forms , so read on and maybe that will help. They do come out looking hand carved. Daniel
Look under troubleshooting- cutting and carving letters.

cmorlier
03-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Here is a link to the thread Dan mentioned:
http://carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69

lpcsales
03-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks Cris...I found it. Is there any way to turn off the carving option of the letters in the software?

Thanks!

cmorlier
03-13-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "turn off". What are you trying to do?

lpcsales
03-13-2006, 03:12 PM
The extra lines are required to fill out areas of the font that can't be reached by a simple rout. They can be taken out, but then the characters don't look right.

In the post that you referred me to, Britt mentioned in a reply that the vectors that jut out from the centerline vector in text can be taken out (above) so that you have only the centerline vector for the router cut. The extra vectors that are being put in leave a very irregular looking, less than perfect letter, after the letter(s) have been cut. This is probably intentional to create the effect of hand carving, but I (and others I'm sure) would like the option to turn off this effect.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

cmorlier
03-13-2006, 03:39 PM
What I think Britt intended to say is that we could change the software to remove the extra lines. There is no way for the user to do this.

We will be working on the quality of the centerlining.

For the time being, we recommend you try different fonts and/or text sizes.

lpcsales
03-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Thanks Chris. I will try experimenting with more fonts and see how it turns out.

If there is a 'wish list' you guys are maintaining, please add this one to it..(near the top... :oops: )

Another killer wish item would be for you to create a plugin for CorelDraw... :lol: . Make me BIG HAPPY!