PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting Centerline Text

Kix
06-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Hey,

Here is a weird one I am bumping in to. I am making a simple centerline text carve and the machine is not writing the text correctly. It is missing some of the letters and moving on to the next carve. I am thinking it should complete one pattern before moving on to the next but am not positive. Here is am upload of the carve, it isnt writing "Place" or the "v" in Denver, maybe som eother items as well. Machine is clean and I have the most recent update to the software.

Any thoughts?

ChrisAlb
06-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Have you allowed it to finish completely?

Centerline text will often skip letters and then come back to them. Especially when you multiple lines. It's just the way Designer maps out the vectors.

Kix
06-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks Chris, but should it complete one of the plaques before moving on to the other?

By the way, I think you turned me on to the Cam Assembly lube, which works great! Thanks for that as well.

ChrisAlb
06-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks Chris, but should it complete one of the plaques before moving on to the other?

By the way, I think you turned me on to the Cam Assembly lube, which works great! Thanks for that as well.

No. Although "we" may think that way, the CW doesn't...LOL Actually, there's really no way of telling in what order it will carve the letters. it's just a matter of faith that it will which will come over time of doing it. I've stopped more than one carving when I saw it skip around after getting centerline. It may defy logic, but it works.

Glad you like the Crain Cam. Simply the best for the shaft.

Kix
06-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Ok Chris, Thanks for the heads up, just scared I am going to be making more firewood.

ChrisAlb
06-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Ok Chris, Thanks for the heads up, just scared I am going to be making more firewood.

LOL...well, that IS part of the learning curve. I have a whole pile of Designer firewood myself..:mrgreen:

That's why I always tell folks to start with small projects to get a feel for the machine. That way, if it goes belly up, at least you didn't wait hours to find out and waste a lot of wood.

Kix
06-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Survey Says!

DIND DING DING DING! We have a winner!

Blodd pressure slowly dropping to normal levels.