PDA

View Full Version : Bits

lostinthefrost
06-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Hello all,

I have the full set of bits from Carvewright, along with extras I have found. I have a smaller sears in my closest mall and they have NO carvewright stuff, nor does the local Lowes. I was in a pinch the other day to finish a sign and my machine threw my 60 degree out and broke the tip. (my rock is not installed yet)
I ran out to a big box store and purchased a reputable 60 degree.
My question is has anyone had any issues with a regular bit? I noticed it's smaller barely, but has been working well through 4 carves.

cnsranch
06-18-2009, 12:04 PM
My 60 and 90 came from the Woodworker's Store.

No problems.

No flat spots on the bits, use locktite.

lostinthefrost
06-18-2009, 12:05 PM
ok cool. I havent had any issues, just wanted opinions

Rick P
06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
I bought a Bosch 90V bit from local "ACE Hardware 7 Corners" in St. Paul,MN.
It works great!!! (in my Rock chuck)

miragese
06-20-2009, 09:06 PM
were can I get bits without the adapter? I have the adapters, I broke bit I don't need anymore adapters. I broke my 1/8 cutting. Sears only has a cutting bit with adapter that is all they carry, but they carry replacement belts. Lowes knows nothing of the Carvewright. I looked at some Roto Zip bits but decided not.

lostinthefrost
06-20-2009, 09:08 PM
miragese
mine was just a basic vermont bit from menards. It was $9. All of them have the carbide tip. You can install it into your adapter, or if you have a rock chuck, you can use it immediatly.

rjustice
06-20-2009, 09:37 PM
were can I get bits without the adapter? I have the adapters, I broke bit I don't need anymore adapters. I broke my 1/8 cutting. Sears only has a cutting bit with adapter that is all they carry, but they carry replacement belts. Lowes knows nothing of the Carvewright. I looked at some Roto Zip bits but decided not.

Hi Miragese, dont waste your time with the Roto Zip bits, most are down cut bits, are two flutes, and are not center cutting.

I have bits in my website if you are interested.

Thanks,

Ron

miragese
06-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Do you have a 1/16 cutting bit?

rjustice
06-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Do you have a 1/16 cutting bit?

Are you speaking of the 1/16 tapered carving bit or the straight square end bit?.... If it is the square end bit, what kind of thickness are you wanting to cut out? I can get them but they have limited flute length.

Ron

Jeff_Birt
06-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Look here: http://soigeneris.com/PreciseBitsCarving.aspx

miragese
06-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Are you speaking of the 1/16 tapered carving bit or the straight square end bit?.... If it is the square end bit, what kind of thickness are you wanting to cut out? I can get them but they have limited flute length.

Ron
I have used the 1/8 for carving some signs and the results were great I would like to try a 1/16 cutting bit for carving. I am open to suggestions.