PDA

View Full Version : A sugeston

wgrigsby
06-17-2009, 10:38 AM
I've got a sugeston for the software. When carving a projet with more than one pattern and there is a reason to stop and lets say remove the board. It would be great to be able to restart and have a way to skip a pattern or jump to a part of the pattern. Or have a way to save and restart from the saved program. Sort of like when working on a computer and saving at differant points so you don't losse all of your work incase of shut down. This would save us hours of time on the machine run time and a lot of lost work time.

ChrisAlb
06-17-2009, 10:53 AM
This is an old and long running suggestion...LOL BUT, still a good one.

mark296
06-17-2009, 11:28 AM
I've got a sugeston for the software. When carving a projet with more than one pattern and there is a reason to stop and lets say remove the board. It would be great to be able to restart and have a way to skip a pattern or jump to a part of the pattern. Or have a way to save and restart from the saved program. Sort of like when working on a computer and saving at differant points so you don't losse all of your work incase of shut down. This would save us hours of time on the machine run time and a lot of lost work time.

Forgive me if I am wrong "new here" but can't you do that in Designer? Just delete the patterns that have been carved and save as carving2 then load and run.

ChrisAlb
06-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Forgive me if I am wrong "new here" but can't you do that in Designer? Just delete the patterns that have been carved and save as carving2 then load and run.

Yes as long as it's made it all the way through a pattern. But if a power failure stops things in the middle of one, it gets a bit more tricky.

Since the first power failure I had (about a week into owning mine) I've wanted a battery powered BIOS (just like a computer) that would save the carve data where it was so it could be started again at that point.

Now Paul uses a battery backup system on his so if the power goes out, he has enough time to stop the machine and at idle, it will last for a couple hours without loosing it's place. A great idea and I have no idea what one of those units costs but I'll bet it isn't cheap.