PDA

View Full Version : 3 Days and Counting......

Digitalwoodshop
06-16-2009, 07:11 PM
3 days since a Troubleshooting Post.... That tells you something about the reliability of the current version of the machine.

Way to go LHR....

AL

fwharris
06-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey everyone Al (who) is getting board for some troubleshooting!!!!

supershingler
06-16-2009, 10:12 PM
maybe everyone if finally learning how to use the search feature lol

kendall

ChrisAlb
06-17-2009, 05:24 AM
Here's a little trouble shooting problem that will take you awhile to solve.

How do we reverse the destruction being done to our country by the government? :confused:

OH...wrong forum. That should go in the PRAYERS for hope forum!!

chebytrk
06-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Here's a little trouble shooting problem that will take you awhile to solve.

How do we reverse the destruction being done to our country by the government? :confused:

OH...wrong forum. That should go in the PRAYERS for hope forum!!

Hey........ I think things are just going to get worse. I truly feel sorry for my grandchildren because of what is being left for them. Hey, at least he can swat and kill flies!

JOHNB
06-17-2009, 09:01 AM
it's gonna take more than (silent) prayers for this. it's gonna take YOU and EVERYONE that is concerned with this issue to actively participate in a tea party (and vote). bring your prays and shout them out loud. we must stop government now! liberty is the only stimulus we need. anyone that would sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither. are you involved?
http://www.teapartypatriots.org/

ChrisAlb
06-17-2009, 09:20 AM
You bet I'm involved. The tea parties are a "cute" idea but unless we, like our fathers before us at the REAL tea party, actually REFUSE to pay taxes, it's all moot.

Oh sure the politicians will stand up and say "we hear you" but that's as far as it will go. The only voices (control) we truly have left to "really get their attention" are money and guns.

Cut the money, and perhaps we can avoid the guns.

http://www.the912project.com (http://www.the912project.com)

JOHNB
06-17-2009, 09:34 AM
believe it or not, we need to learn a little something from iran when it comes to protesting. it amazes me how they can organize a major protest in only a couple of days. i'm afraid that's what it's gonna take for our government to finally get the message.
no need for guns chris(yet). just a FEW MILLION voices i would think will do it.

cnsranch
06-17-2009, 10:08 AM
unless we, like our fathers before us at the REAL tea party, actually REFUSE to pay taxes, it's all moot.

Give it a shot, bud, and let us know where they put you so we can some visit (hey, maybe they'll let you work in the shop - something positive here)

ChrisAlb
06-17-2009, 10:15 AM
John,

I had to go put a coat of paint on my signs.

I was going to make EXACTLY the same the point about Iran. Those folks are risking their very lives over what amounts to an election for vice president.

I don't want guns at all which is why the money is the first step. We've had millions of voices time and time again to no avail. The problem is (and I hate to say it but recent history shows it over and over) a vote for either side is really the same vote. It's the same agenda under a different hat is all.

If we really want to get and "hold" the governments attention, we NEED to cut the purse strings and REFUSE to fund the reckless "WAY OVER THE TOP" deficit spending and lobbyist feeding frenzy. Especially the billions spent on programs that, if given a choice, 8 out of 10 Americans wouldn't support.

IMHO, this is FAR to important to simply yell and rattle sabers.

ChrisAlb
06-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Give it a shot, bud, and let us know where they put you so we can some visit (hey, maybe they'll let you work in the shop - something positive here)

Already am Jerry and wherever "they" put me, I hope you mean it when you say you'd come visit. They'll have the best fight I can muster to deal with in order to do it.

I am NOT afraid!!

cnsranch
06-17-2009, 10:28 AM
a vote for either side is really the same vote. It's the same agenda under a different hat is all.

This has to be the first time I've ever disagreed with anything you've posted, on any subject.

Without making this a party line post, or a red vs. blue thing, what the current majority is doing to our country scares the snot out of me. We're headed toward government run banking, private business and healthcare, to name a few. They're running roughshod over the minority, and there's not a damned thing anyone can do. They know the ramifications of their actions, but the fact of the matter is that they're pandering to the guys with the votes to keep them in office, and those guys don't understand, or care what happens to the country in the long-term. Playing Robin Hood may be extremely popular, but once the poor have pissed the money away they were given, you're right back where you started.

But that's just me.

ChrisAlb
06-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Precisely why we need ACTIONS and not words anymore. Having lofty ideals, flowery words and patriotic songs & protests are all very good. The question is, how far will you go to defend them?

If the answer is..."To a point"...then you're not getting it.

(not you Jerry but in general)

Myself? I'm prepared to go to the mat baby!...http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif Yes, I love my kids THAT much!

JOHNB
06-17-2009, 10:54 AM
jerry, you say there's not a damn thing anyone can do. you're right, one person can't do it. but WE together can do it. join a tea party and it becomes millions of people. it's the only way i know of now to be heard(legally).
it's not about republicans or democrats (one is just as bad as the other), infact they need to get rid of the r or d after a person's (politician's) name. it's all about AMERICA.

cnsranch
06-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Problem is that they're aren't any protests - the guy that voted the current majority into office is happy as a clam.

Till now I believed that the country would straighten itself out once the Unions were busted, and the dollar righted itself. The current direction will prevent that from happening, and will put us behind the eight ball for years.

EVENTUALLY, the majority will change, and hopefully will be able to reverse some of the damage - unfortunately, some signigicant changes won't be reversible.

I'm with ya', but the fact of the matter is that we're in the minority, and I truly believe that there's no turning anyone in the current majority away from the dark side.

JOHNB
06-17-2009, 10:57 AM
chris, don't you think a protest (similiar to the one in iran ) although peaceful, would have a major impact on our government and this country? where millions of people showed up.

PCW
06-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Please can't someone find Al ("Who") a CW trouble shooting problem. From the rumors going around Al is having withdrawal symptoms and is feeling a little like the Maytag repair man. I even heard that he has been seen playing Solitary with one hand while hitting the refresh new posts with the other.

JOHNB
06-17-2009, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=cnsranch;93843]Problem is that they're aren't any protests - the guy that voted the current majority into office is happy as a clam.

i'm thinking alot of those people are wanting another "CHANGE".

ChrisAlb
06-17-2009, 11:05 AM
chris, don't you think a protest (similiar to the one in iran ) although peaceful, would have a major impact on our government and this country? where millions of people showed up.

I wish it would but like I said John, I believe they'll step up and "claim" to hear us and "claim" to care and then when we all walk away happy thinking they actually do, they'll go right back to their old ways.

I fear it will take more than voices to effect REAL and lasting change BACK to what we once were as a nation. The ONLY way I know of to hurt a politician is in the WALLET...LOL

Take away the play money and you've got their attention for sure. Threaten to do it, and it means nothing. Why do you think they actually threw the tea overboard? They didn't simply threaten to do it, They DID it!

JOHNB
06-17-2009, 11:14 AM
well, you're difenitlly(?) not gonna hurt em' in their wallets, after passing (spending) trillions in stimulus and bailouts bills, i'm sure they ALL got a piece of that money. gota go, hope to pick this back up later?

ChrisAlb
06-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Please can't someone find Al ("Who") a CW trouble shooting problem. From the rumors going around Al is having withdrawal symptoms and is feeling a little like the Maytag repair man. I even heard that he has been seen playing Solitary with one hand while hitting the refresh new posts with the other.

Jeez Dan, do some forum searching will ya?...LOL He's already answered every possible problem there is. Right down to soldering parts back on circuit boards...LOL

ChrisAlb
06-17-2009, 11:19 AM
well, you're difenitlly(?) not gonna hurt em' in their wallets, after passing (spending) trillions in stimulus and bailouts bills, i'm sure they ALL got a piece of that money. gota go, hope to pick this back up later?

Believe me, if every person/business stopped paying taxes today, in less than a week they'd be in a serious snafu and would come CRAWLING for forgivness in short order...LOL

Have a great day!

PCW
06-17-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm just looking out for Al. There has to be something that will give a challenge to him and make him feel a little better. I will think on this for awhile maybe I can makeup something.

rjustice
06-17-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm just looking out for Al. There has to be something that will give a challenge to him and make him feel a little better. I will think on this for awhile maybe I can makeup something.

Dan,
didnt you tell me that your kanuter valve wasnt working properly a few weeks ago?...LOL

Ron

PCW
06-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Ron

I was thinking about that but tried to take a picture to show what it looked like but can't get it to hold still long enough to snap the picture. I was going to see if Al ("Who") could figure out how to get it back in the machine without damaging it.

Edit: Ron I also want to tell you something but please don't take it the wrong way. I kind of blame you a little for Al ("who") situation. I don't think none of this would have happened if you hadn't started selling them dam Rock Chucks.

Digitalwoodshop
06-17-2009, 11:54 AM
:cool:Snicker:mrgreen:

Well, I got 2 Fire Tag orders today so that should keep me busy for a few days plus making all the samples I promised.

Things are looking UP....:D That will make my Checking Account happy.

AL

earlyrider
06-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Do you really think that not paying taxes would get their attention especially when the feds can start up even more printing presses to devalue the the money you think you still have? These people are clearly out of control,and their unstated purpose is to destroy the American economy and the middle class. We all become chattel, or property of the state. I fear the only thing that can stop this is a horrible disaster either natural or man-caused, where the survivors are left to pick up the pieces. Cheery outlook, I know; and I expect I'm wrong. The good news is that whatever concentration camp this government puts me in, my Lord will be with me, and His spectacular return will be that much closer.:)
Oh, I haven't had a problem with the machine other than not kicking out the bit flag far enough since the installation of the Rock. I used the old styrafoam-behind-the-flag-trick with success.8)
Ron

ChrisAlb
06-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Yes I do. I believe the same process that built this country can rebuild it again. It's called standing up for ourselves and our values no matter what. Do you have any idea how many hundreds of millions flow into the governments hands everyday? You don't think cutting off that supply would make them take notice?

And the printing of money is only as good as the people's willingness to pay it back. No folks paying, nothing to back up the printing of more. If we don't take a stand and teach our kids this, they'll be slaves for LIFE.

The rock should have nothing to do with the bit plate as it's the truck that makes contact with it to push it out. Try cleaning it and a little lube...:smile:

earlyrider
06-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Two problems I see are most people have the taxes removed from their wages long before they ever receive their paychecks, and the general complacency of seemingly the larger share of the population who believe the nightly lie told them by the government-media complex. The first might be addressed by claiming all the witholding exemptions (to get some of the witholdings back) until Il-dictatore pronounces another decree (exec. order outlawing exemptions). The second is hit-or-miss, one person at a time until they recognise for themselves that the pot they are relaxing in is about to boil. I've got two partners like that-- Rush, Savage, and the others are hate-mongers (and need to be shut up) and the economic situation is just a small bump on the road to Utopia. :rolleyes:
I think it would take a disaster to rouse them, but I hope not.
As for me and my house, we will and do support the Tea Party movement, and the other grass-roots.
Numbers need to be huge so the opposition can't take the few most boisterous and use them as an example (as in Tienamen).

Its time to relube the plate with dry silicon spray at the pivot. The rails are clean, but the Z didn't seem to have the moxie to kick the plate out ( even though it moves easily by hand). The belt tension (Y) is good. Polish the cam?
This has been a great thread!:mrgreen:
Ron

TIMCOSBY
06-18-2009, 02:42 AM
notice about a month ago they allocated 1.5 billion to track the bird flu? a 30 second press conference and some faxes to all hospitals to report all cases to the cdc would have done it. wonder who's getting that money? to put 1.5 billion in perspective a guy i know sold a motel for 20 million he put the money into some kind of anuity and was recieving $80,000 per month in dividends and the 20 m was still growing. lets assume the money left in doesn't grow that 6 million dollars per month that the gov could be getting off of the 1.5 billion and it still be there.
we are screwed folks no way i see any change in the next election the sheeple are not interested in all this politic stuff.

man we hijacked this thread.....

with the new version when i zoom in and out some times it shows the cut thru portion and sometimes not.

ChrisAlb
06-18-2009, 04:59 AM
Two problems I see are most people have the taxes removed from their wages long before they ever receive their paychecks, and the general complacency of seemingly the larger share of the population who believe the nightly lie told them by the government-media complex.

Its time to relube the plate with dry silicon spray at the pivot. The rails are clean, but the Z didn't seem to have the moxie to kick the plate out ( even though it moves easily by hand). The belt tension (Y) is good. Polish the cam?
This has been a great thread!:mrgreen:
Ron

The first problem is why I said every person/business. Yes, it would need to be collaborative move.

The second? Well now believe it or not, that's a bigger problem than getting everyone to withhold paying taxes...lol. The mush brain public that's sits in front of that dam TV sucking up all the garbage DESIGNED to distract us from what's really going on and believing the mainstream news media 30 second talking points as if they were gospel IS a HUGE problem because it's generations deep now. But as far whether it's the "majority" Ron? I don't know but I don't think so. Just take a look at the ratings. CNN, CBC, ABC, NBC, The New York Times etc. etc... are ALL falling apart. FOX on the other hand is on top and climbed there in just the past few years. Folks like Bill O'Reilly and Glen Beck report in common sense what gets ignored (by design) by the other news media. I think folks are waking up finally.

Also, let's keep in mind that our current president won with 52.7% of the vote. Not exactly a landslide or mandate to take us where he is now. A LOT of that vote was from the younger collage generation who've been successfully indoctrinated by the lies being told about our history. (I know, two kids in collage that I constantly have to correct the "Facts" with) It's even getting to the point where these LIES are being printed in the text books now. The FOX morning show with Megan Kelly has been following this and gives the name and number of the writers and publishers when they can get them. In most cases, it's always the same 2 names. One in Jersey and one in New Hamshire...Hmmm....imagine that...LOL

Yes this is a big problem with DEEP roots but still, not as large as our forefathers faced and they had to cross an ocean to get away and then fight off thoise who follwed them. No one said it would be easy but how much are protecting our freedoms worth? Freedom, ISN'T FREE!!

OH yea, good going on getting that plate lubed...LOL...:mrgreen:

ChrisAlb
06-18-2009, 05:18 AM
notice about a month ago they allocated 1.5 billion to track the bird flu? a 30 second press conference and some faxes to all hospitals to report all cases to the cdc would have done it. wonder who's getting that money?

ACORN....bet on it! And they're getting a hell of a lot more than that. This is an organization that HAS to be stopped. I like your perspective on how much the money really is Tim, here's a few more. The first one my brother and I worked up while sitting in the truck for lunch on a minus 10 degree day with 40 MPH winds doing an addition on a lake in 1995. We just heard that Clinton gave CA 40 Billion for the earthquake. Which by the way, took 18 billion to rebuild. Yep, another 22 billion missing. So we wondered, just how much is 1 billion dollars?

1) If you had 1 billion earning 10% a year, you'd have to spend over 278 thousand EVERY day of the year just to spend the interest.

These come from "The Crash Course" which I highly recommend EVERYONE Goggle and watch. Very enlightening & frightening. Working with crisp new 1000 dollar bills stacked up.

a 4" high stack - Congratulations!! You're a millionaire!!

A billion? 320 feet tall

A trillion?...Hold on to your hats....a whopping 64.7 MILES high.

Ummmm...how many TRILLIONS are being spent? How many TRILLIONS are we in debt? Can we really afford to sit around and do nothing??? If we do, we deserve what's coming.

EDIT: Oh yea...LOL I had that happening when zooming too. It's a video card thing. I found that increasing the cache to 256 solved the problem for me.

castingman
06-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Chris & everybody

Hi Guys , Haven't posted for awile i have not had time to carve much.
I went from 15 people in the shop to 2 and i am working out there as well.
I did change the QC last nite , would like to get the rock but i am not a fan of paypal , I will try to work it out with Ron buy Phone.

I WILL BE BACK !

Michael

ChrisAlb
06-18-2009, 07:29 AM
Chris & everybody

Hi Guys , Haven't posted for awile i have not had time to carve much.
I went from 15 people in the shop to 2 and i am working out there as well.
I did change the QC last nite , would like to get the rock but i am not a fan of paypal , I will try to work it out with Ron buy Phone.

I WILL BE BACK !

Michael

Hey Hey buddy!! Been wondering where you've been. Good to see you back and looking forward to more posts!!...http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Too bad about the cut back in employees (unless that's a good thing but I'm betting it's not). Happening everywhere for sure. I was "just" getting my foot in the door building fireplace surrounds for new home contractors when the bottom fell out of the market...:rolleyes:

DocWheeler
06-18-2009, 09:28 AM
1) If you had 1 billion earning 10% a year, you'd have to spend over 278 thousand EVERY day of the year just to spend the interest.

These come from "The Crash Course" which I highly recommend EVERYONE Goggle and watch. Very enlightening & frightening. Working with crisp new 1000 dollar bills stacked up.

a 4" high stack - Congratulations!! You're a millionaire!!

A billion? 320 feet tall

A trillion?...Hold on to your hats....a whopping 64.7 MILES high.

Ummmm...how many TRILLIONS are being spent? How many TRILLIONS are we in debt? Can we really afford to sit around and do nothing??? If we do, we deserve what's coming.

Chris,

That sure pushed one of my buttons, and I want to add a little something.

Some perspective: If you spent one million dollars ($1,000,000) every day since Jesus Christ died, you would not have spent as much (about 733 Billion) as our government authorized for a "stimulus" package (about 800 billion).

All of the gold that has been mined since Christ died amounts to about two trillion dollars.

As of December 2008, our government has put 7.4 Trillion dollars into the banking industry AND then the current administration added another two Trillion in early February of 2009 - you didn't hear about that did you, you probably believed that the bank "bailout" was a part of the 800 billion "Stimulus" like the press would like for you to believe! Now why would the "owners" of the press want you to think that - right, they also own the banking industry.

This is a pretty good example of why we are in the mess we are in. The Federal reserve can not account for some nine trillion dollars and now they are being given the authority to essentially run the United States (new legislation).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXlxBeAvsB8

Sorry to have spoiled anyone's morning, but that is the way it is now.

liquidguitars
06-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Generation of greed and shame.

The Baby boomer's G Bush gen, sold out our fathers companies to China, so we could save a few cents at wallbox, now we have less jobs and no way of pay our house taxes and bills. We need Jobs to pay the tea tax.

The last 10 years has been a disaster, no jobs? yea a prob. Tell me how a company from China of 2600 employees can buy the "Jeep" brand with over 250,00 employees.

If you use a heat gun to remove the QC it could shrink the plastic hood.
so the Tuck will not pop the bit flag..

fwharris
06-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Is this great or what???

Yes if we believe the main stream media we are heading in the right direction. Problem is they (the media) have been taking us down the the "Brown Brick Road" for way too long with their biased reporting of what they want us to hear. This not only applies to news progams but also network progamed shows.

The sky is falling and the little chickens are believing every word of it. If all of the Obama staffers would have paid their taxes maybe would not have all of these problems...LOL

DocWheeler
06-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Generation of greed and shame.

The Baby boomer's G Bush gen, sold out our fathers companies to China, so we could save a few cents at wallbox, now we have less jobs and no way of pay our house taxes and bills. We need Jobs to pay the tea tax.

The last 10 years has been a disaster, no jobs? yea a prob. Tell me how a company from China of 2600 employees can buy the "Jeep" brand with over 250,00 employees.

I will keep quiet about this after I say one more thing. This started in the 1950's or 60's and is not the "child" of either party. The "blame a party" game is what is being used to escalate the process - please don't contribute to that way of thinking.

liquidguitars
06-18-2009, 09:57 AM
The "blame a party" game is what is being used to escalate the process - please don't contribute to that way of thinking.

not a party issue but a generational issue in my eyes. MC Bush did not even care to know what a computer $%#@ was. IE generational.

LG

cnsranch
06-18-2009, 10:19 AM
LG - I think you're spot on re this being a generational issue, but I think you're blaming the wrong folks for the effects.....

Fact is, the USA can't compete globally. Nor can it produce products that are affordable, or literally valuable.

Why do products cost more when made in good old usa? If you say it's so we can maintain our way of life, and it's the price we pay to live in a free country, you're wrong.

The products cost more, and the quality is necessarily lower (if it were higher, the cost would be even more prohibitive) simply because GM is forced to pay some idiot $38 an hour to screw on door panels, or because the builder is forced to pay my idiot nephew-in-law $37 an hour to hang drywall.

People bitch about only getting paid $9.50 to work at Wal-Mart, and in my opinion, the job of a guy stocking shelves is worth only half that.

Are jobs going overseas? You're damned right, and until the guy screwing on door panels and the idiot hanging drywall get paid what they're worth (about $8 an hour) they'll continue to be.

When those guys get back to earning $10-12k per year, there will no longer be a market for $150 tennis shoes, and a decent home won't cost $200 a foot to build.

No offense intended to anyone, and if I did offend, I apologize.

I grew up in a union home, and I fully understand why they were formed at the outset. But wages and cost of goods should be set by what the market will bear (re cogs - that's why there are laws against cornering the market i.e., monopolies, oligolopies, etc.) if wages and cogs are set by any other means - say, collective bargaining, blackmail, prevention of fair competition, etc., you're screwed - it's only a matter of how screwed, and how bad.

And we're screwed, and bad.

earlyrider
06-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Both parties are virtually identical now, only the color of the Cool-Aid is different. Mix the two together, the color is gray. I'm concerned for the Cool-Aid company, that their product was used by evil men to deliver death, and product recognition is often so associated. Certainly a bitch for marketing!
I agree that problems are a generational issue, since the generation of Adam.
"If My people will humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear them and I will heal their land."

I think the verse would make a great plaque.
Ron

ChrisAlb
06-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Ken & Jerry,

You are both SPOT ON with every point you've made. Ken, Absolutely this devious plan has been in the works far longer than I've been alive. I'm 46.

Jerry, you have it nailed with the pork laden unions being a MAJOR cause of where we are now. Before my back collapsed for good in November 07, The two years prior I was already feeling the union pressure moving into our area and I LIVE IN THE STICKS MAN!!! LOL These idiots would actually come on to my "private" job site and petition for unions. More than once I "almost" threw my hammer at them. At times, I regret I didn't.

I can and have built exactly the same home for no more than 40% of what unions could and my guys were well paid.

castingman
06-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Guys

You all know where all of the union guys shop ? WALMART !
They want us to pay the big money for cars and whatever but they won't shop at the little shops like we have, cost too much !

Whats wrong with this ?

Michael

cnsranch
06-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Simple answer is that everyone WANTS to make six figures (me included).

Problem is that we've confused rights with opportunities.

People think they have the RIGHT to make six figures, so they should get it - it's their RIGHT.

The fact is that everyone in good old usa (oosa) have the RIGHT to expect the same OPPORTUNITY to make six figures. What they don't understand is that if they don't take advantage of the OPPORTUNITY, their RIGHTS haven't been taken away, they just don't have what it takes to capitalize on their RIGHTS (like how I squeezed the theory of Capitalism in there?)

I had the opportunity to go on a fishing trip with a buddy and his and my son a few weeks ago to Canada. Don't get me started on their health system, but one point is this:

Their Docs are capped at $250k/year. The government decides what they'll get paid for each surgery, etc. they perform. The Docs work their asses off for 4-5 months a year until they've capped, then they TAKE THE REST OF THE YEAR OFF!! The government looks at a hospital and sees that it had the required number of Docs, so they don't put any more in there. Problem is that they're all off half of the year.

My buddy's son is entering med school next month. Understanding that there's a basic difference in the mind set of a fledgling Doc to, say, a budding attorney (you know, Hippocratic oath, saving lives, the greater good and all that) I asked him if he would take on what he's in for over the next 6-8 years if he could only make $250k. His answer? Hell no!

If you're the average Joe out there, and your parents didn't beat a sense of work ethic in you like mine did, why work hard and sacrifice if there's nothing in it for you? Ray Kroc (McDonald's) figured out a long time ago that if you sell enough 19 cent hamburgers, you can become rich. Wal-Mart figured out that if you sell enough product at a small profit, you can become rich. They both knew they couldn't do it from one location, and now there's thousands of them around the world. The guy with one hamburger stand can't, and doesn't deserve to make a million, and the guy that has the old fashioned hardware store typically can't either.

The guy that hangs drywall doesn't deserve to make a million, but if he can figure out how to herd a crew of cats that hang drywall, maybe he can.

As Ron White so eloquently put it, "You can't fix stupid".

A stupid guy clearly has the RIGHT to be part of the Upper Class, he just doesn't have the brain power to get there.

That's why there always have been, and always be, Classes.

What really scares me is the potential for Class Warfare right here in good old usa.

Think about it.

But that's just me.

JOHNB
06-18-2009, 11:25 AM
did anyone watch the glen beck show yesterday? boy, he can surely get you fired up. i don't know if i can hold it till july 4. why do WE let the pres. fire an inspector general w/o giving him 30 day notice and a legetimate excuse? he's the guy following how OUR dollars are being spent. he was investigating one of obamas frinds and found him mis-spending OUR money. so the pres. fires him and NO-ONE in congress will speak out about it. i hate to say it but i will, WE need a leader like mousvi(?) in iran, someone that can gather the people to the streets of dc. someone that will take the lead. there must be NO-ONE in congress right now that will do it. NO-ONE. did you read the letter from janet contreras from az.? did you sign the petition? http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/26742/ it was so overwhelm with supporters, they shut that section down. everyone has an opinion of who to blame and what caused all of this, but the only person to blame is yourself(i'm guilty also) for not doing anything about it. NOW is OUR time to do something about and the only way i know of legally is a tea-party. where one person becomes a hundred, then a thousand, and on to a million people and more. you can also e-mail/call your senator/representive when a bill comes up for a vote, but i'm afraid they usaully just fall on deaf ears. at least i know mine did. which only proves my point of getting involved with a tea party. show your support NOW or forever hold your peace.

SteveEJ
06-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Guys

You all know where all of the union guys shop ? WALMART !
They want us to pay the big money for cars and whatever but they won't shop at the little shops like we have, cost too much !

Whats wrong with this ?

Michael

Actually Michael, Walmart is non-union. I retired from a Union job and I opposed a lot of the positions that they held. If they knew that any of their members shopped at a non-union store they would let us know that they were not happy with us. I still hear from a friend about how he will never step into a Walmart to this day. They were so bad that they would not buy business cards that did not have a union stamp on them.

I will not go into whether I like Unions or not as it is my opinion and I would probably get it from both sides..

JHMOA,

Steve

cnsranch
06-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Actually Michael, Walmart is non-union.

I think that was Michael's point - they want it both ways - union pay, but non-union costs.

castingman
06-18-2009, 12:12 PM
cnsranch

Thanks, that was my point to the tee !

I'll take the mom & pop stores anyday , If they don't have it i don't need it !
You just saved me a bunch of typing !

Thanks
Michael

HighTechOkie
06-18-2009, 01:17 PM
The most ironic part of this whole discussion is that we all bought a machine that was made overseas.

Rob

cnsranch
06-18-2009, 01:19 PM
'cept for Al's - he's built his :mrgreen:

DocWheeler
06-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Jerry,

Do you think those were Sony parts or things he liberated from the Navy?

cnsranch
06-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Getting them from the Navy would defeat the purpose - they buy all their stuff from China, too :mrgreen:

Besides, with toilet seats going for $6,000, his machine would be worth about 25 grand!

ChrisAlb
06-18-2009, 02:09 PM
NOW is OUR time to do something about and the only way i know of legally is a tea-party.

John,

You keep mentioning "legally" and I agree that a non violent action is absolutely the best and preferable course....FIRST. I pray to my God that will work.

But let's try to keep in mind that the second amendment wasn't put there to allow you to only go hunting. It was put there intentionally and specifically to allow us the means to protect ourselves from big oppressive government. I certainly hope it never comes to guns (I actually don't even own one) but if it does, it's perfectly legal.

ChrisAlb
06-18-2009, 03:13 PM
If they knew that any of their members shopped at a non-union store they would let us know that they were not happy with us. I still hear from a friend about how he will never step into a Walmart to this day.

Man, if that's not yet another argument against unions I don't know what is. They dictate to or at least frown upon where you can shop? Sounds like the very definition of freedom to me....:rolleyes:

I'll say it, and yes it's my opinion (based on many facts like that), I hate unions. Always have, always will...:mrgreen:

cnsranch
06-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Listen to this one Chris...

I met with a lady last month who was looking to get into a business of her own.

25 years old, works at the GM plant on the line here in KC.

Worked as a temp in Louisiana for GM for 8 months, GM hired her on FT, and paid her $16k to relocate to KC.

She's been with GM for 20 months now (12 full time). She gets paid $28/Hr., and if they lay her off she gets 80% of her pay while off. The plant was closed for about 6 weeks earlier this year.

Assuming you've done the math on her tenure, GM just offered her a buy-out - $25k in cash, and a chit valued at 25k for any new GM car on any lot anywhere.

Her Mom works at the plant in LA - her advice? Don't take the buy-out, let them lay her off.

Why?

She's guaranteed 80% of her pay for 22 months if they do lay her off. That equals over $85k to her to sit on her ***.

JOHNB
06-18-2009, 03:42 PM
{quote}; John,

You keep mentioning "legally" and I agree that a non violent action is absolutely the best and preferable course....FIRST. I pray to my God that will work.

just want to stay out of jail.
NOTHING worst than riding in the back of a police cruiser in handcuffs and shackles watching your FREEDOM roll pass the window. if a person has any sense, it will only happen 1 time. (well, maybe 2)

Digitalwoodshop
06-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Jerry,

Do you think those were Sony parts or things he liberated from the Navy?

That is NAVY Surplus........ The year I retired in 95 I was on a Field Trip on a day off with a friend and we went to Barstow, CA to a Military Surplus yard. I found a computer like the one pictured below listed as surplus to be sold for auction. The Computer was still being used throughout the Military. This one was from a Marine Communication Van, it did the scrambling of the audio. Since where I was working in San Diego we had a few that they used to teach students on, I called the Department Head and asked if he wanted it... He could have faxed me the paperwork.... Just for parts... He said NO... Don't need it... Broke my heart....

I had taught the repair on that computer 10 years earlier....

Made me feel OLD.....

As for Sony.... I did liberate about 30 of the heavy steel 5 drawer wide file cabinets when they combined 2 buildings. The cabinets had service manuals in them and we went to CD Service Manuals. I saved them 3 metal dumpsters at a few hundred bucks each and got some great storage.

My house was a block from Sony and every weekend I made the 3 hour trip home with stuff.... The Chairs went to the local Fire Dept destine for the dumpster....

Boat trailer with Attitude.....

AL

ChrisAlb
06-18-2009, 04:02 PM
{quote}; John,

just want to stay out of jail.
NOTHING worst than riding in the back of a police cruiser in handcuffs and shackles watching your FREEDOM roll pass the window. if a person has any sense, it will only happen 1 time. (well, maybe 2)

I understand John. But in my humble opinion, that kind of thinking would have never built this country in the first place.

If they want to put me in cuffs for standing up for my constitutional rights against a government bent on stripping them away? They'll have one hell of a fight on their hands for sure.

Believe me brother, I stand right with you in your approach and nothing would please me more than to see it "really" work. I just fear we're beyond that point as this government is simply too big and too powerful to care. I've never wanted to be more wrong about something in my life. I truly hope I am.

ChrisAlb
06-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Listen to this one Chris...

She's guaranteed 80% of her pay for 22 months if they do lay her off. That equals over $85k to her to sit on her ***.

Hmmmm...I simply can't imagine why they went under with a savvy business model like that??

I also can't imagine why, when we all knew they should go bankrupt way back when, we had to give them so much money "before" they did. OH that's right, because of that savvy "government" business model...DUH Chris...http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

ChrisAlb
06-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Take 6 minutes to watch and listen to all of this video. If you have kids? Make sure they watch it as well:
Words to live by……….

This guy's video on youtube has been so popular that Obama
called him personally. He said that he was very disturbed with the video and invited him to the White House.
Obama also said he wanted the White House to handle the Press and not to talk about the video or the White House visit.
That's interesting.
Watch it now. This may be the best six minutes invested in your futureYou may have to turn your Sound Control up some.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA)

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
06-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Somebody stated "At least he can kill flies". I thought it was ironic watching the news that Obama was swatting a fly and PETA was outraged, then in the next report they showed terrorists in Gaza strapping bombs to horses and blowing them up.... Anyways my CW is running nice and smooth, just gets a little warm in this 95 degree weather.. Great post yall, very informative! Matt