PDA

View Full Version : New Machine

mark296
06-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi everyone, My new machine is here. After years of looking I decided to get a Carvewright woodworking system. This is not my first CNC it is my fourth. I have built 3 in the past 7 years and have done many carvings and clocks. I have Aspire, Cut3d, Photocarve and now carvewright's software and scanning software to learn. This is a fun hobby and I am looking forward to learning from the forum and sharing with all of you all the little quirks that I find.

PCW
06-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi Mark

Welcome to forum. It is a good machine and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
The people here are great and the host is more than fair.

want2b
06-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Sounds like you have a great background and the experience to know what it takes to own one. The greatest thing about having this machine is this forum. Any problem or question you may have the members either have been there and can give you an answer or somebody will go and try whatever you are doing so they can help. It doesn't get any better than that. Enjoy your carver, use the search function for issues and if not there post your question knowing everybody will jump in to help.
Rick H.

mark296
06-12-2009, 11:04 PM
I know the help here is great and that is part of the reason I went with this machine instead of a 3d scanner to add to my collection. I like the idea of being able to carve 8' boards which I can not do now but the scanning probe video is what finalized the deal. I have been lurking here for quite a while and there is a lot of talent here. I just hope I can add a little more to the forum after I use the carver a little.