PDA

View Full Version : The little train that could

RayTrek
06-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Hello to all
Have been very busy with this tavern remodel that was built originally back in the 40’s
Complete electrical rework and Kitchen walls and tile floor and bar top made from planks recovered from an old barn also working on some carvings. It is nice to be working on such a nice project and see it come together.
The first photos are of the loco I carved yesterday and a back scratchier that I copied from one I have.

RayTrek
06-12-2009, 08:57 AM
These are a couple from the Tavern

As a small note to all, my connection speed and time restraints limit me on commenting on all of your projects would like for you to know how much I enjoy them all there is some very talented people in this community.
Cheers to you and Thanks!!!
Ray

DocWheeler
06-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Ray,

That came out very well, I was concerned that the train would need another 1/4" between the two sides to make the stack come out thicker (or use 7/8" lumber), but it looks great.

Edit: You snuck somemore pictures in on me. That looks like a pretty big project, nicely done I might add.

mtylerfl
06-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Hello Ray,

It's always a treat to see your projects! Great work!

SteveEJ
06-12-2009, 09:11 AM
Very Nice Ray.. Keep them coming!

Steve

fwharris
06-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Ray,

Nice job on all of them! Thanks for sharing...

forqnc
06-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Nice projects Ray as usual, is Mickey supposed to be a Back scratcher? If so nice idea.

RayTrek
06-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Thank you very much
Ken- I was wondering about the ¼” myself and may still try and make a layer to fit in a three piece glue up, Hum I cant keep up with all I want to do but it is fun trying.
Michael, Steve, FW, and forqnc it is inspiring to me that you enjoy my stuff and helps in the quest to be more detailed.

Ya it is a back scratcher the next one is going to be a monkey with his arms up and fingers out.
Good day

Ray