PDA

View Full Version : Machine Buying Questions

jim97426
06-11-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm looking at buying a machine soon. I see new machines for around $1700 on amazon. I'm also seeing around $1800 for a machine from Sears wth a 5 year service plan for around $300. My question is wether the service plan is recommended or not. I'm fairly handy but don't like a broken machine either!

I've read mixed reviews on the machine but they seem to be older. Any advice about this purchase would be greatly appreciated as I'm really close to hitting the button!

Thanks in advance!

skeeterman
06-11-2009, 08:36 PM
I would use the extra $300 and get the probe just my opinion

AskBud
06-11-2009, 08:51 PM
I went to Sear's and took the 5 year plan as well. I'm very glad I did.
AskBud

PS: Lots of good items to look at, in my signature, below.

supershingler
06-11-2009, 09:33 PM
jim

welcome to the forum and the land of the carvaholics.

this is a great machine if you go a lot of reading and learning before you tackle tougher projects. if you start slow and learn how things work you will be losing sleep at night in no time like the rest of us.

i love my machine and ive had a few problems but all were taking care of by asking on the forum or calling tech support.

i kind if think of it like learning to fly an airplane.... you can buy one but you have to learn how to run the contols or you will crash.

there is a bunch of great guys more that willing to help here if you just ask.

good luck and may your shop floor be full of sawdust soon.

kendall

TIMCOSBY
06-12-2009, 12:33 AM
there are thousands of machine with no problems but nobody bitches about haveing no problems.