PDA

View Full Version : Desinger crashing on import

hess
06-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I have has some pats made and they came out great but when I try to get them into designer the program crashes. Though I just saw this somewhere but search is not picking it up

Here is the pat

Thanks for any help
Hess

PCW
06-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Hi Hess

I just tried to import the pattern and did not have a problem it went right in.

Ver 1.134 Vista 32

Kenm810
06-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Same here, No problems.

hess
06-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Hi Hess

I just tried to import the pattern and did not have a problem it went right in.

Ver 1.134 Vista 32

God now I have a Hex on me

I get this pop up
gui.exe has stopped working

It only does it on a ptn file on the mpc it will show them??

Wonder what this is all about
Heck is GUI even desinger

Thanks for any help guys

It strange cause I just got a big load of pats from Terry and they all went is like uptown

Hess

www.go3d.us
06-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Hess,
Can you increase the memory for rendering cache to like 50mb to see if it help.
You also need to import the pattern through your pattern library (shell icon) not through file, import image.
HT

hess
06-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Hess,
Can you increase the memory for rendering cache to like 50mb to see if it help.
You also need to import the pattern through your pattern library (shell icon) not through file, import image.
HT

HT that's the way I was doing it. pick new go to fav r click to import pull it up its is all there looking good hit finish and programs goes to white and the error comes up

Kenm810
06-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Maybe I missed something,

I just left clicked on your .ptn file,
it opened and then left clicked on Finish.
Clicked on New in Designer and the it was
in the favorites menu ready to use.
Worked for me. :???:

will george
06-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I have no idea..

I saved the pattern (erased after testing) and it open up just fine for me.
I am using version 1.134

Now if we were allowed to look at the pattern!

I use Vista Ultimate and my laptop with Home Something also worked...

cnsranch
06-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Hess, I haven't had your problem since going to 1.134 - if you're still with 1.133, you'll have the problem.

hess
06-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Hess, I haven't had your problem since going to 1.134 - if you're still with 1.133, you'll have the problem.

I'm using 1.134. This just started in the last week.

Someone asked about the pat this is all I have they are a CR pat

I can get it to run on both the laptop and other pc just this with Vista has the problem. This is not the 1st time Back when the PDF program was going around I got it and it never would work on the vista pc. The person who made it was very helpfull but I ended moving it to the xp pcs anf works fine on them

Think I just could something not clicking in this pc

I have even attempted removal and replacingment of designer and no change even when back to older ver same thing

got my butt kicked right now this tends to be the pc I use all the time

Thanks all for the help

liquidguitars
06-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Are you crashing when saving a file?

it could be a protection file issue do a search of *(.mpn) on your disk.

try running Designer as administrator first if it works your good.. If not try this..

Warning you con loose your patterns unless you back up the files below!

Check with LHR first!!

go to c:/programs/carvewright/data/ and c:users/ directory's to locate the files

move "basic.mpn" and "favorites.mpn" to a temp directory in the root of c:"

Run Designer and inport the image check to see if it saves now..

if it works you could have a bad MPN.

hess
06-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Are you crashing when saving a file?

it could be a protection file issue do a search of *(.mpn) on your disk.

try running Designer as administrator first if it works your good.. If not try this..

Warning you con loose your patterns unless you back up the files below!

Check with LHR first!!

go to c:/programs/carvewright/data/ and c:users/ directory's to locate the files

move "basic.mpn" and "favorites.mpn" to a temp directory in the root of c:"

Run Designer and inport the image check to see if it saves now..

if it works you could have a bad MPN.

LG
It likes being handled by the Admin. If I run the desktop icon under Admin the importing and all works great

If run the one from the start menu or just 2x clicking the desktop them it is a no go. So I'll run as Admin. All my pats are there

I had uninstalled CW and reinstalled it dont know what the issue was but thanks guys

Hess

PCW
06-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Hess

Try this right click on the Designer desktop icon and go to properties.

Go to the Security tab and see if the permissions for system and see if there is a check mark next to allow on all permissions.

hess
06-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Hess

Try this right click on the Designer desktop icon and go to properties.

Go to the Security tab and see if the permissions for system and see if there is a check mark next to allow on all permissions.

It has me with full controls all is checked

Hess

5twenty
06-13-2009, 01:19 AM
I had a similar problem last week. I could not import .jpg files and the program became unresponsive when I did. I removed the software from the computer then reinstalled. Everything was fine after that.

gashawk
06-13-2009, 01:35 AM
My designer crashes when I try to save a ptn, however I can "save" to my computer.

hess
06-13-2009, 08:51 AM
My designer crashes when I try to save a ptn, however I can "save" to my computer.

That what mine is doing. does not want to save as a PTN

it will do it when I open the program as admin then it all works fine

Hess

hess
06-19-2009, 10:39 AM

Gashawk you ever find out what was going on with designer
Mine now locks up when I save under admin and crashes and closes if I sign in reg. I cant save anything now

Whats even more strange is designer on my laptop now asks for a SN and all 800 of my pats are gone and it just lists the basic folder

Anyone got any ideas running vista on the pc and xp on the laptop

PCW
06-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Hess

I think maybe the best thing to do is call LHR software support. They will be the best ones to help correct the problem.

1-800-573-1226
press 3 for software

Chief38
06-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi Hess.

On my HP desk top I can go in as HP admin, windows admin, or user and when I do that some files are not seen by all of the different ways of starting up. i thought i had lost some pictures for a while and then found them when I started going in as hpadmin.

Try starting your carvewright software under each of the users and see if one starts normally without asking for SN and has your patns.

Herb

hess
06-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Hess

I think maybe the best thing to do is call LHR software support. They will be the best ones to help correct the problem.

1-800-573-1226
press 3 for software

I did Alex said the program was not set to run with Vista. He sent me some instructions to try but no luck was refered HP who just tells me to do a restore but have never had that work and as here no luck say a error occurred and can not restore

Just so happens that HP and vista updated today and that shut it all down get even pick on it just goes right to GUI stopped

About ready to wipe and install xp

hess
06-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi Hess.

On my HP desk top I can go in as HP admin, windows admin, or user and when I do that some files are not seen by all of the different ways of starting up. i thought i had lost some pictures for a while and then found them when I started going in as hpadmin.

Try starting your carvewright software under each of the users and see if one starts normally without asking for SN and has your patns.

Herb

Have done that admin was the only way I could run itfor the last 2 weeks

no matter how I open it is the same
I'm thinking I have had a bug from the start as I got the PDF program to arrange pats and it never would work on this unit.
Never could find clipborad or save to it
The program works fine on my EXp pcs

PCW
06-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Hess

I have never had any problems running Vista and Designer.

Is this how you did the system restore in Vista

Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore

Click on> choose a different restore point/show restore points older than 5 days

Choose a date that will take you back prior to when the problem accrued

Just remember you will lose any files from that date to now so back up your files.

Second option

Do you have a Windows Vista CD? I'm not talking about the HP system restore CD. If you do you may want to try a install over the current version not a clean install where you format the drive and overwrite your files.

hess
06-21-2009, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=PCW;94093]Hess

I have never had any problems running Vista and Designer.

Is this how you did the system restore in Vista

Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore

Click on> choose a different restore point/show restore points older than 5 days

Choose a date that will take you back prior to when the problem accrued

Just remember you will lose any files from that date to now so back up your files.

Got it last year. No restore point are accepted and an Error occurred at the end of all restores

HP has advise to return it to Factory setting which I will try today if that dont work I have a copy of XP Pro and will format and remove Vista.

I t as to be an update that Vista did recently it all run fine from Jan to now
This is not the 1st time a program will not run on this up but runs on others case in point the PDF SW that is now being hailed as so good. I will not do a thing on mine. Cant even use Clipbroad it just not there. So I think this has had problem for some time

Hope a RSTFS will fix if not By By Vista and hello XP

Thanks

PCW
06-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Hess

I have ran into this before. There is another way that I think will work.

Reboot and hit F8 on boot-up at first screen (you have to hit F8 at the right time)
Select Safe Mode
Then do the restore and it should work

liquidguitars
06-21-2009, 02:19 PM
I think this issue is do to installing and uninstalling versions of Designer you could have incompatible versions of " favorites pattern " giving you errors saving a PTN.

I use Vista and like it but some admin issues do surface
can you use windows " update" if not try this..

From the TechArena Community.

1. Click the "Start" Button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
2. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Please enter the following command, and press enter.

REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL

You will get a "DllRegisterServer in wuaueng.dll succeeded" window.

also Carvewright will be releasing a new build of Designer soon that could address your saving PTN crash so if you could wait this may be the Vista fix for you.

LG

hess
06-21-2009, 05:30 PM
I think this issue is do to installing and uninstalling versions of Designer you could have incompatible versions of " favorites pattern " giving you errors saving a PTN.

I use Vista and like it but some admin issues do surface
can you use windows " update" if not try this..

From the TechArena Community.

2. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL

also Carvewright will be releasing a new build of Designer soon that could address your saving PTN crash so if you could wait this may be the Vista fix for you.

LG

No Luck it comes back with the following

"Mode was loaded but call to sever failed with error code 0X80070005

Get the same error if I do a search in the pc and try to open it

liquidguitars
06-22-2009, 10:26 AM
More..

From the TechArena Community:

REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL

" note this fixed my issues with update but move on to part 2 LG"

Part II

4. Then, please move on to enter the following commands one by one. A success notification will be received after each command.

REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 WUCLTUX.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
REGSVR32 WUWEBV.DLL

Let’s now try Windows Update again and see if the issue has been resolved. If the issue persists, please collect the following information for further research.

LG

hess
06-23-2009, 02:47 AM
More..

From the TechArena Community:

REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL

" note this fixed my issues with update but move on to part 2 LG"

Part II

4. Then, please move on to enter the following commands one by one. A success notification will be received after each command.

REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 WUCLTUX.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
REGSVR32 WUWEBV.DLL

Let’s now try Windows Update again and see if the issue has been resolved. If the issue persists, please collect the following information for further research.

LG

LG have re set factory setting and reloaded the CW it ssems to work but now my restore shuts down at 36 % when putting back all my files for back up. I have it all backup and will jusy put it in by hand. thanks
Hess