PDA

View Full Version : Sign Board Design Needed

atauer
06-10-2009, 11:33 AM
I am creating a sign to hang outside under our mail box. It will look like this:

http://www.signsofthewest.com/images/Welcome_Horse.jpg

except, it will be double sided. I am looking for the actual sign blank itself and haven't been able to find one.

Can anyone assist please?

STEAM
06-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Alex
I don't see the sign in your post. Could you please re post it.

thanks

atauer
06-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Try clicking on the link. There used to be a pic there. Not sure why its not showing right.

atauer
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I don't need the piece cut, I just need a design for it. I plan on cutting it myself, but am lacking the design of the piece.

STEAM
06-10-2009, 04:46 PM
I made one with a slight rim around it and the other is all one height. If you would like it refined. just let me know. I'd be glad to do it.

Kenm810
06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Maybe something like this to play with? :grin:

ChrisAlb
06-10-2009, 08:16 PM
After that mirror you designed, I find it hard to believe you need help with something this simple. But here's my shot. It's on a 14.5" x 14.5" board as I have no idea how big you need it.

Has the edge route (1/2" classical) on back as well but you can use any profile you want. If you need to resize it you'll have to remove all the attachments first. Arcs, lines and attachments...pretty simple stuff...:mrgreen:

atauer
06-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks guys.

Yeah Chris. I do have designer's block apparently. I haven't really done any real design work lately, just a few simple projects to show off the machine.

This will be the first big project I have done since the mirror, which is almost complete. I got the glass and most of the work on the piece itself is done. Just a little more sanding and she'll be good to go.

I've been busy with other things so I haven't had much time to work on it.

Kenm810
06-11-2009, 09:28 AM
You Guys Got me Hooked on these things Now!!
Loads of fun playing and experimenting with the shapes,
attachments, layouts and such,
plus learning a little more what CW Designer can do. :wink:

ChrisAlb
06-14-2009, 07:22 AM
You Guys Got me Hooked on these things Now!!
Loads of fun playing and experimenting with the shapes,
attachments, layouts and such,
plus learning a little more what CW Designer can do. :wink:

Yea Ken, the possibilities are ENDLESS...http://forum.carvewright.com//images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

And by using the snap to grid, you can even eliminate the need for attachments in a lot of cases depending on how exact the design needs to be.

www.go3d.us
06-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Wow, that is very professional looking sign.