PDA

View Full Version : In Loving Memory Cross

ChrisAlb
06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
I just got the go ahead tonight on making this cross for my son's friend lost in a car crash in 2008. Her family wants to place this at the site of the accident.

It's 4 foot tall and 3 foot wide with the vertical and horizontal at roughly 10" wide. Still need to work out the fine details but this is the basic idea they want that we'll work from. A very sad set of circumstances and doing this means a great deal to my son and I.

PCW
06-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Chris

Sorry to hear about the accident and the loss of life but your sign looks great.

MAX COX
06-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Chris, sorry to hear about your sons friends accident, but that will make a very nice memorial.

ChrisAlb
06-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks folks,

I'm hopeful this project will help my son who's been pretty beat up by this since. We all know that "wish I could do something" feeling when a friend/loved one is lost.

I'm hoping perhaps working on this will give him a channel for at least some of those emotions.

Digitalwoodshop
06-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Excellent Design Work Chris !!!

Sad situation.

AL

DocWheeler
06-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Chris,

I really like your design. I think that it was a good idea to get your son involved this way, bad situation, good approach to healing.

forqnc
06-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Sorry for the loss Chris, my youngest daughter lost a friend in 2007, she misses him a lot. The unfortunate thing was he died on our wedding anniversary.
I know what you mean about feeling helpless, I made a carving for her and she had a favorite photograph she had taken which we inset, to give to his parents.

One quick question, 3ft wide, I guess your going to make it in two pieces?

ChrisAlb
06-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Sorry for the loss Chris, my youngest daughter lost a friend in 2007, she misses him a lot. The unfortunate thing was he died on our wedding anniversary.
I know what you mean about feeling helpless, I made a carving for her and she had a favorite photograph she had taken which we inset, to give to his parents.

One quick question, 3ft wide, I guess your going to make it in two pieces?

Yep, two pieces. Half lapped at the center to be flush with each other.