PDA

View Full Version : New machine

jpitz31
06-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Hello All,

First new CW should arrive today. I have read both the machine manual and the software manual. I have the Gunk standing by for the first flex shaft lube.

Plan on doing a complete inspection when it arrives. Been lurking on the forum quite a while. I have been a software engineer for over 20 years.

Really looking forward to automating some wood projects.

Glad to finally join the ranks. Looking forward to chatting with all of you.

Thanks

Joe

Kenm810
06-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Hey Joe,

Welcome to the CW Forum,

Your fun should begin as soon as you fire up your new Carver.
Take your time and read all the Tips and Tricks, and don't be afraid
to use the forum search option or ask questions --- lots of folks here willing to help.

Icutone2
06-09-2009, 11:30 AM
:) Welcome to the forum, and happy carving!

Wilbur
06-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Welcome Joe

Some very good people here and think you are on the right track.
I have had two and the second one works very good.

Hapy carving
Wilbur SC

fwharris
06-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Hello All,

First new CW should arrive today. I have read both the machine manual and the software manual. I have the Gunk standing by for the first flex shaft lube.

Plan on doing a complete inspection when it arrives. Been lurking on the forum quite a while. I have been a software engineer for over 20 years.

Really looking forward to automating some wood projects.

Glad to finally join the ranks. Looking forward to chatting with all of you.

Thanks

Joe

Joe,

Welcome aboard and glad to see you have been doing your research! No more lurking around as a guest any more!!

Like Ken suggested, make sure you have read all of the tips and tricks!!!

ChrisAlb
06-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Welcome Joe and congrats!! Always room for another carver..http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Start simple and work your way up...:wink:

MCGEE2SKINNER
06-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi.
Welcome Joe. There will be times when you get very fustrated but stick to it the rewards are worth it.

Jim McGee

Digitalwoodshop
06-09-2009, 03:34 PM
WELCOME !!!!!

Two Pieces of Advice.....

Read Tips and Tricks.....

Plan to buy the ROCK replacement chuck in the next few months when the QC wears out. Well worth the investment.... A better way to hold the bits.

AL

rcdages
06-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Welcome Joe and congrats!! Always room for another carver..http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Start simple and work your way up...:wink:

There will be those moments that your ready to thow the towel in, stay the course. It will really reward you in what you will be able to do with your machine.

Robert
rcdages

DigitalMatt
06-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I'd like to tip my hat your way as well.

I too tend to be a lurking kinda guy. It amazing how much you learn when you keep your eyes and ears open.

Having said that though, I sure don't want to discourage you from asking questions or offering your own tips and advice.

As I'm sure you've already discovered, there are a great bunch of people here who are always willing to share their knowledge and offer a helping hand.

Wishing you great fun with your new machine.

BBrooks
06-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Welcome aboard Joe,
I lurked a while myself and it was well worth the time. I carved the day my CW arrived and what few minor problems I have had were all covered here.
There is an amazing group of people with a wealth of knowledge and experience and the willingness to share it.
cheers,

Rick P
06-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Welcome Joe - don't lift the cover to stop the machine for cleaning or a look inside...use the STOP button on the key pad.

Add a down draft setup as soon as possible. And get a ROCK chuck too.

jpitz31
06-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks all for the great welcome.

CW arrived. Lubed the flex shaft. 34 minutes cut time on the machine. Did a complete inspection, Ran a sensor calibration, uploaded latest firmware, Uploaded a sample design to test the machine. Made some sawdust.

All and all very cool. Got to make a dust collector now.

Thanks

Joe