PDA

View Full Version : Need a little teaching please

signman9999
06-08-2009, 07:50 AM
I am just trying to cut a board with two drill holes in them so that I can make a few repetitive boards with all of the holes lined up. When I did a trial cut it cut the board but did not leave the tabs so that the cutout would not move. Can someone let me know how to put the tabs in please. I am attaching the mpc so that if anyone has a better way to do this you can teach me. Thanks Signman

I did have the cut set at .75 but changed it in case there is no way to put in the tabs.

jab73180
06-08-2009, 08:25 AM
when you did the cut path, it asks you how many tabs you want and how far apart you want them. did you select that. you can also select how deep each pass is, if you want to do many passes. i would highly recommend at least 2 passes maybe even 3. what version of the software do you have, you may need to upgrade to the newest software and firmware for your machine.

bjbethke
06-08-2009, 08:36 AM
I am just trying to cut a board with two drill holes in them so that I can make a few repetitive boards with all of the holes lined up. When I did a trial cut it cut the board but did not leave the tabs so that the cutout would not move. Can someone let me know how to put the tabs in please. I am attaching the mpc so that if anyone has a better way to do this you can teach me. Thanks Signman

I did have the cut set at .75 but changed it in case there is no way to put in the tabs.
You need to use the cut path function to get the auto tabs. You also need a closed loop to use the cut path function, Your MPC was not a closed path. On the right side the red dots were not closed.

AskBud
06-08-2009, 08:45 AM

Your figure does not appear to be a "Closed" area. Delete your cut path, and that box, and redo the outer edge using "Connected lines" (With 6 points). Once you have the rectangle, set your size & shape. After that is done, apply your cut-path.
AskBud

chebytrk
06-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Delete your cut path, and that box, and redo the outer edge using "Connected lines" (With 6 points). Once you have the rectangle, set your size & shape. After that is done, apply your cut-path.
AskBud

Hey Bud......... since you're up I got a question for you. I just loaded all my stuff in to a new laptop that I just purchased, but I don't see any of the PTNs that I have on my desktop. Do you know where or how I can add all of those PTNs (from desktop) on to my laptop? Thank you sir!

AskBud
06-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Hey Bud......... since you're up I got a question for you. I just loaded all my stuff in to a new laptop that I just purchased, but I don't see any of the PTNs that I have on my desktop. Do you know where or how I can add all of those PTNs (from desktop) on to my laptop? Thank you sir!

I've never done that process, myself, so I'll let others better than me reply.
AskBud

bjbethke
06-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Chebytrk, you need to transfer your MPN file from your desktop to the lap top. I use a SD disk with a SD reader to transfer the data... SD’s come in 4 and 8GB now; you need a SD-HC reader for the large disks. I back up all my patterns on CD’s or SD’s. The CD route is cheaper, but the SD is more portable. You can keep the Complete CW program system on a 4GB chip. You can get the whole thing for less than $20.00.

Save the MPN file –than connect the reader to your lap top and open the file. You will need your license codes to do that. Any time you open a MPN file it will auto load it to you Favorites in the CW program. You should have two favorites then. You can delete the one you do not want to keep. Too many pattern files in the favorites will slow down the CW program.

Hope this helps.

jab73180
06-08-2009, 10:08 AM
good call everyone for that i would use the square tool and add 2 vertex and make the design. what do other people do. is there anything wrong with doin it that way.

-Jason

Kenm810
06-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Which ever way for you, is the easiest to remember

signman9999
06-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks you guys this was a great help