PDA

View Full Version : Y Axis Stall

Little-John
03-02-2006, 11:00 PM
After a couple of projects I was setting up a project and as the machine measured the board width it stopped with the bit head on the left side and displayed an error code that said "Y Axis Stall". :cry: Tried restarting and everything else I could think of. Called the help line and talked to Chris who worked with me to trouble shoot the problem. He did a great job and it finally came down to a loose screw on one of the guides that holds the bit head car to the track. It came loose from the vibration and had not had lock tight applied during manufacture. In the process of trouble shooting we discovered the depth flag was missing. Chris had me look in the shipping box and I found it under the styrofoam bottom. It had fallen out in shipment. It is supposed to be taped in but was not. You will not find it is missing until you try to make a cut. It uses the depth flag to adjust depth so you won't cut into the base of the machine. I pass this on to warn others to check for loose hardware in the box before you throw it out and to tell you the excellent help I received from Chris. He was there late in the evening and was most helpful. :D John L

Matty
03-03-2006, 09:10 AM
I also had Y Axis Stall, one of the flags became misaligned. I’m sure that it was a result of FedEx being so careful with my fragile shipment. It was obvious that it had a rough ride to Wisconsin. After calling CarveWright the problem was fixed within a few minutes.
I have to say that the level of support and commitment to their customers and product is outstanding. I also followed their recommendation on checking all the screws on the head and assembly and putting lock tight on screws that needed it.
As for the CarveWright machine it’s fantastic, the output is better than I expected over all I am a very happy camper both with my machine and all the folks at CarveWright.

Dan-Woodman
03-03-2006, 05:54 PM
I too lost my flag, in the instruction manual it instructs you to remove tape around the Homing flag on the inside left of the head assembly.
The homing flag is a small piece of angle steel about 3 1/2 " long with a flag on top and it drops down into its holder where the tape was. Hope this helps others.
My thanks also to Chris who helped soo much when my head would not crank down on the wood. Daniel

Old Salt
03-03-2006, 10:49 PM
I found this in bottom of box but did no know if it was part of machine or not but did keep it will ck it out. thanks for the note.

dhesse
03-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Am getting error 236, Y Axis Stall as well, but I do have the flag in place. Any other suggestions what I can do to correct this one?

Thanks,

--Dale

cmorlier
03-24-2006, 09:18 AM
What operation is being performed when you get the stall condition?

dhesse
03-24-2006, 01:58 PM
It is doing it when I first start up a project on the machine. It goes into "homing", then stalls with the cutting head at the far left as you look at it.

--Dale

cmorlier
03-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Most likely the Y homing flag got bumped, and needs to be adjusted. There is not very much margin between the flag and where the Y truck stalls against the side.

The Y homing flag is uppermost of the two flags on the left side. Try bending it to the right a little bit, but try to keep the flag level.

pkunk
03-24-2006, 06:32 PM
The Y homing flag was bent slightly. A slight tweak with a pliers so it would fit between the sensors and all is well.

dhesse
03-27-2006, 03:37 PM
The flag was bent for me as well. I did not have a chance to mess with it over the weekend, but will see if I can get it to cooperate with me tonight.

dhesse
03-29-2006, 03:35 PM
I would like to extend a huge thanks to Chris for spending roughly two hours on the phone with me last night tutoring me in machine alignment. He was very patient and persistent in trying to help me through it, and we were both pulling our hair out as to why the machine would not home correctly without having a Y-axis stall.

When all was said and done, it turned out I had a screw loose (go figure!). Actually, it had fallen out of the machine, and from my description, it was thought to be unrelated. Eventually, the screw's home was found, and now that he has been returned, the machine homes perfectly .... with exquisitely aligned Z and Y flags, I might add! :)

--Dale