PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Belt Calibration

mfdchief
06-06-2009, 03:02 PM
I just posted the PDF in the trouble shooting section as well.

I have followed everything line by line and when I get to the Calibrating the edge sensor, I get an error 400 edge detection error. I have replaced the board sensor and get a white paper reading of 155.

Does anyone know if these are the proper cuts for the edge detection calibration? I get the failure shortly after the full depth cut. The cuts seem pretty sloppy to me but I have never had to do this before. My board was planed VERY flat and edge jointed for squareness. It was a piece of pine .750 thick, 5 inches wide, and 38 inches long

Thanks
Mark

fwharris
06-06-2009, 05:48 PM
I just posted the PDF in the trouble shooting section as well.

I have followed everything line by line and when I get to the Calibrating the edge sensor, I get an error 400 edge detection error. I have replaced the board sensor and get a white paper reading of 155.

Does anyone know if these are the proper cuts for the edge detection calibration? I get the failure shortly after the full depth cut. The cuts seem pretty sloppy to me but I have never had to do this before. My board was planed VERY flat and edge jointed for squareness. It was a piece of pine .750 thick, 5 inches wide, and 38 inches long

Thanks
Mark

Mark,

I do not have the rubber belts but from the looks of your picture I would say you are getting some slippage or the brass roller is not making good contact with the board. The cut should be on the same line as the first cut.

liquidguitars
06-06-2009, 07:22 PM
This is bad! the CW should NEVER DO THIS! I am guessing that your AUX roller is hitting the belts try to lift up the roller a tad and do a visual inspection of the belts in proximity to the Aux roller.

if the Aux roller hits the new belts the unit can feed backwards as it adjusts for creeping!!

LG

Jeff_Birt
06-06-2009, 07:25 PM
I would bet that your tracking sensor is rubbing on the belt. Did you install the new smaller o-ring that comes with the new belts? You can use a small 1/2" wide board against the squaring plate to compress the tracking sensor into the running position to check. I had to pull the squaring plate off, remove the tracking sensor, and elongate the board tracking sensor mounting holes.

liquidguitars
06-06-2009, 07:37 PM
What Jeff said..

as a side note, after you adjust the Aux roller the belts are really nice to work with and i recommend them as a permanent replacment.

I have this same issue with my new unit and never got to the bottom of it, funny that unit 2 did not receive the sensor error and ran the calibration just fine. I reported bad sensor 400 error as a firmware issue to LHR a few months ago.

LG

mfdchief
06-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the responces, I thought the same thing about the roller hitting the belt and did the test has stated in the pdf file. the paper sides through with ease but if I push the roller down by hand a little further, it does hit the belt. Is it suppose to clear at any deflection? As I said when placing a board on the roller and pushing it down flush with the belt, I can easily side a piece of paper between.

Jeff, yes I did use the new o-ring that came with the belts.

Thanks again guys.

Mark