PDA

View Full Version : How do you duplicate same drawing on same board?

glassocean
06-05-2009, 02:13 PM
OK,
I know this is another basic question, but I have not found the way to do it after reading thru many many posts.

Lets say I create a 5"x5" square cut out (with drill holes), how can I duplicate this creation on the same board, maybe 3 more times?

I have been able to select all-copy-paste, but it places the new one on top of the original and I can not drag it over.

Jeff

fwharris
06-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Jeff,

It sounds like you have put some attachments on some of the control points or even have your square centered on the board. If so you will need to clear them. Right click on any attachment and select "remove"..

www.go3d.us
06-05-2009, 02:49 PM
If you have one of the drawing align center, vertical or horizontal you need to clear that also before or after making your copy.

AskBud
06-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Go here http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-askbud%20downloads.htm and click on "Copy & Paste v/s Mirror.
I think it will give you the insight you need.
AskBud

Dan-Woodman
06-05-2009, 08:49 PM
As a BETA tester, I have "copy offset" which works great. Just select item to duplicate and go into copy offset to duplicate vertical , horizontal, right or left, adjust spacing,and number of items you want.
later Daniel

glassocean
06-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the help guys.

Jeff

dale616
07-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Go here http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-askbud%20downloads.htm and click on "Copy & Paste v/s Mirror.
I think it will give you the insight you need.
AskBud

I am saving board and need to copy and paste something 180 degrees so I can get two on a board. How can I do that?

Dale

AskBud
07-13-2009, 09:39 PM
I am saving board and need to copy and paste something 180 degrees so I can get two on a board. How can I do that?

Dale

Dale,
Have you watched the video? Everything needs to be "Unlocked" (look at YELLOW figures and look at the "Centering Icon on each item) before you think about doing the "Master" COPY and PASTE. If your working with a complex design, you may need to "Make a Pattern" of the first one and then as you bring in that pattern, you should be able to rotate it as you wish.

We could probably be of more assistance, if we could view your actual MPC.
AskBud

James RS
07-14-2009, 03:45 AM
As a BETA tester, I have "copy offset" which works great. Just select item to duplicate and go into copy offset to duplicate vertical , horizontal, right or left, adjust spacing,and number of items you want.
later Daniel

Ok so where is this?