PDA

View Full Version : Carvewright On Ebay

Ken Massingale
06-03-2009, 06:27 AM
A friend is looking around at different options for a CW.
Any of you folks had any experience with this seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Compucarve-CarveWright-System-Full-Bit-Set-3D-Probe_W0QQitemZ220421655471QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRout ers_Bits?hash=item3352278baf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1546%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

DocWheeler
06-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Ken,

As a matter of fact, I just got one from them. After thinking that the problems that I was having with the "Clean Y rails" was a problem with my machine rather than a problem with the firmware, I bought one.

Mine is a reconditioned (by LHR) machine with all upgrades, very good condition, no warranty, no "original" box, and only two bits (lower price).

steeelwheel
06-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Ken had sugessted I post here I see he madi here before I did.
Thanks Mark

www.go3d.us
06-03-2009, 12:43 PM
I suggest you take a look at this post: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=11685

It's a great deal!

mabco12
06-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi Folks,
I have bought two recertified units on ebay only to be let down. The first is already has problems with only 8 hrs and 51 minutes on it and encountered the axis stall error code 248 and the second one I got yesterday I took out of the box and tried to plug it in only to have nothing on the LCD screen and it seem to have no power to the unit. These are both factory recertified units shipped from LHR Technologies in Texas who supposedly repair the units and recertify them?? What was I thinking?????

Jeff_Birt
06-04-2009, 04:09 PM
axis stall error code 24

Never heard of that code before. Axis stalls can be causes by a dirt machine, a board not feeding properly, bit not turning, etc, etc

I took out of the box and tried to plug it in only to have nothing on the LCD screen

Did you plug in the memory card first? Did you adjust the display contrast? Did you call tech support?

mabco12
06-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Jeff,
I did everything that was recommended. This is my second machine and I lubed the flexshaft, checked head pressure, checked the card format, plugged the card into the reader slot in the machine. Turned it on with nothing appearing and tried to adjust contrast on the LCD but still nothing showing on it. I am bummed out for my middle school students who love the machine and cannot wait to carve their self designed signs.

HighTechOkie
06-04-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't think LHR sells refurbished/recertified machines. If they did, both would have worked out of the box. Personally, I would complain to Ebay and Paypal for misrepresentation of product.

For machine 1, do a forum search for "error 248", you must use the quotes for it to work. Probably a cable is unplugged, but it may need the newer Z pack.

For machine 2, I suspect the coil on the power supply came loose, easy enough to resolder and be up and running. Again, do a forum search and you will find a several posts by Digialwoodshop showing the location of the coil.

Rob

mabco12
06-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi Rob,
Thanks I have done the forum search for the 248 error code and have to order a new bundle for the first machine. The second machine I don't want to touch because it did not work from the get go. The packing slip in the box has LHR technologies on it and the unit came from Texas where they are based out of. These machines have no warranty on them but they should at least work for some period of time. I am in the process of paypal or ebay product resolution from the dealer(dealmonger) that i bouth them from. Wish me luck!!

RobertP
06-04-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't think LHR sells refurbished/recertified machines. If they did, both would have worked out of the box.
Rob

LHR sent me a refurbished machine and it had multiple problems right out of the box, none were user error, makes me wonder if they really even refurbed or tested it before shipping.