PDA

View Full Version : Imported Images not being saved

Arkie
03-02-2006, 12:21 AM
I saved an imported image made in Corel. Then I made some additional changes to the original in Corel and imported it again. It did NOT over-write the first saved image. I can save it as a new name, but not over-write old one. Perhaps a small software bug??

Second request: How and where are these imported images saved. I'd really like to see them saved in a directory where they can be conveniently backed up.

I can see down the road that the Pattern Tool "menu" will become very cumbersome and we'll need a good way to sort/save/organize images... and yes... even share them with other users.

Using V 1.024

yenne
03-02-2006, 05:46 PM
I can save it as a new name, but not over-write old one.
That does sound like a bug -- I'll look into it.

How and where are these imported images saved.
There are two answers to this question. Imported patterns are saved into a collection database in your Windows user's home directory, usually something like /Documents and Settings/Username/. The name of the collection file is "favorites.mpn". If you back up your Documents and Settings then it should get saved.

You can also export individual patterns if you'd like to copy them or share them with others. Simply right-click on the pattern you want to export and choose the "Export" option. It'll let you save it to a .PTN file that you or someone else can import by right-clicking on any folder within your Favorites folder and selecting "Import".

Arkie
03-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks Britt...
That also answers a question about why one of our folks created some patterns but they didn't show up when I logged in and vice versa. I should have realized that.

IMHO, I'd really like to see that data stored in a different location. It has the potential to grow quite large especially since any created subdirectories are included in that same file. Mine is already over 10MB and I won't have a machine for another week or so... :)

yenne
03-03-2006, 10:58 AM
IMHO, I'd really like to see that data stored in a different location.
It does seem like a good idea to allow the customer to select where that file is saved. I've added this to my ever-growing list... :)