PDA

View Full Version : looking to commission patterns

JDPratt
06-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Let me start by saying I am a woodworker and definitely not an engineer or draftsman familiar with CAD. I run a cabinet making and woodworking shop for the military (Army) and am in need of numerous military type patterns. I realize there is a decent collection of military patterns in the pattern depot, but there are several that are not available that I need. If anyone knows where more might be available or someone who is willing to convert the designs for CarveWright use, I would be grateful. As a side note, Does anyone know if pattern collections can be rearranged to meet the needs of the buyer. I dont really need the Air Force or Navy ranks or badges in a collection, but I would like more of the Army or Marine badges in a single collection to purchase. As you can probably tell, I am new to the CarveWright.

bjbethke
06-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Let me start by saying I am a woodworker and definitely not an engineer or draftsman familiar with CAD. I run a cabinet making and woodworking shop for the military (Army) and am in need of numerous military type patterns. I realize there is a decent collection of military patterns in the pattern depot, but there are several that are not available that I need. If anyone knows where more might be available or someone who is willing to convert the designs for CarveWright use, I would be grateful. As a side note, Does anyone know if pattern collections can be rearranged to meet the needs of the buyer. I dont really need the Air Force or Navy ranks or badges in a collection, but I would like more of the Army or Marine badges in a single collection to purchase. As you can probably tell, I am new to the CarveWright.
I have a CD of the Department of Defense it has pattern files for all the branches. The CW patterns were made mostly from vector images. It has a lot of Army patterns on it. PM me your e-mail address and I will send you some samples of my work. Each folder has all the images I used to make the patterns, MPC, MPW PTN's + a screen print of the MPC. Files are too large to post on the forum.

jab73180
06-01-2009, 11:56 AM
there are some free patterns on the pattern sharing area. just do a search and they will pop up for you.

-Jason

Dan-Woodman
06-01-2009, 07:55 PM
JD
How in the world did you land a job like that, and can you get me a job like that?
Are you acually in the military doing this kind of work or are you saying you contract out of your own shop to the military?
Is there a website that posts jobs like this, since I'm unemployed?
later Daniel

JDPratt
06-02-2009, 04:57 PM
1. bjbethke- my offline email is PM'd to you, if you could send samples of the work I would appreciate it. I am really looking for all the (Army) ranks, badges, tabs, and so forth for display cases, name boards, plaques, etc. I would really like to get them all in one collection if possible. What I don't really need is any Airforce, Navy type stuff which is why I was hessitant to buy a collection with that stuff in it.

2. Dan-Woodman - I kind of fell into this dream job. I retired from the military (Infantry) and have always enjoyed carpentry and woodworking as mainly a hobby. This job came open and I jumped on it. Basically I run a cabinet making/woodworking/bleacher construction shop for the Army as a Civil Service employee. They purchase all the wood, materials, and tools, and I do the work.

Dan-Woodman
06-02-2009, 06:05 PM
JD
and they pay you to do this? You are having too much fun.
later Daniel