PDA

View Full Version : Soigeneris Backlit LCD Kit is still available!

Jeff_Birt
05-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Good evening everyone,

I have had several inquiries lately about my backlit LCD kit for the CarveWright. Rest assured it is still available. During a recent changeover of shopping cart systems on my website it inadvertently did not get changed over. In other words I goofed. After spending some time finding a layout that both IE and FireFox will both display properly I have it back on line.

http://soigeneris.com/soigenerisprd.aspx

One gentleman mentioned in his note to me that he thought perhaps some folks had not heard of it yet. He, like I, enjoy the back-lit display so much that we would not want to do without it now. It is one of those types of things that you don't know how much you need it, until you get it. :)

I don't promote my CW products much at all on this forum, as I don't feel comfortable doing so on CarveWright's dime. The forum guidelines do allow for product announcements of CW related things as that is beneficial to the whole community. So, if you will indulge me, I'll make a product re-announcement of sorts and explain what the kit is about.

The 'Carving-in-the-Dark' Back-lit LCD Kit

One of the little things that bothered me when I first got my CarveWright was how the screen became a bit difficult to read at certain positions. I have lots of lights in my little shop but at time it was still a bit tough to see the screen well.

I soon found a compatible back-lit LCD and had it on order. I made up a new wiring harness so it would plug in, in place of the factory screen. As the back-lit LCDs are a bit deeper it also required a new mount (the 'shelf') to be fabricated. From the first time I turned on the machine with a back-lit screen I was hooked.

When I mentioned the new screen to another CW owner they too got excited about it. This prompted me to order a batch of LCDs and develop an easy to install kit that anyone can put in. You just need a phillips screwdriver and a bit of glue for the shelf. It plugs in, in place of the stock screen and does not require any wiring or soldering.

You can find out more information and even download the installation instructions here: http://soigeneris.com/soigenerisprd.aspx . If you have any questions you can reach me at: birt_j@soigeneris.com.

Thanks!

hess
05-31-2009, 10:42 PM
This looks like it would be great! I ordered one today and will follow with another next week.

This is something that helps us all out and I cant really complain about the $ as it will be well spent.

I think you should put a post that stays up telling new folks about it.

Hess

PCW
06-01-2009, 07:21 AM
I have one of Jeff's Backlit LCD on one machine and have another one on the way for my second machine. It kind of like comparing day to night.

I enclosed a picture but it is not the best. Display looks a little blurry in the picture but it's not. It's just my camera skills.:D

swhitney
06-01-2009, 09:42 AM
I too, am going for the easier readablility of a back-lit display. Apparently the two kits I ordered have been sent out today. Both Gertrude and Sophie (doesn't everyone name their machines??) will be happy I hope.

Sophie just got the Z-pack update, and is purring along again.

Gertrude still has a memory issue, but works just fine (still reads 0 hrs use on the odometer). Gertrude will be getting the Rock chuck installed at the same time as the backlit display. Sophie will maintain the QC for now, as I have a few 1/2" shank bits and a probe.

Then I will have to get them back to work. I have to make some "Thomas the Train" wooden track for a nephew. I had previously made several "special" pieces for my grandson, but now that he is 6, he is moving on to Lego, and I'll be damned if I am going to produce any of those pieces on the CW!!!

Jeff_Birt
06-01-2009, 09:55 AM
I don't know, wooden Lego pieces could be a bit hit. ;)