PDA

View Full Version : Calibration Confusion

djarboe
05-29-2009, 06:00 PM
My cutouts are not aligning with my routed pattern, even though I am using the same paths. So, after looking through this forum, I thought I would do the "Calibrate Offsets". Looking in the online manual, it looked easy enough. Cut a board per the manual, carefully measured it, and went to option 6 - calibrate offsets. The manual says the machine will start by measuring the thickness and ask for the real value to be input. More follows in the manual, but...

When I picked calibrate offsets, I got a new list of menu options:
1. Reset Cal
2. Cal Depth
3. Cal Sensors
4. Cal Belts
5. CO2 car offset.

Hmm, huh? :confused: Since none of this is covered in the "latest" online manual, I'm completely confused. So, what are each of these, and how do I use them?

I'm using firmware version 1.134.07316.

DocWheeler
05-29-2009, 08:31 PM
djarboe,

You aren't the only one confused. Since my machine refuses to cooperate on a Y position, I tried to Calibrate Offsets - first time I tried it with 1.132. I had done it several times with 1.126 so when it gave me the runaround as you stated, I updated to 1.134 which did the same thing.
Called support and explained my problem, the tech person asked several people and returned to tell me to format my card and re-flash it.
Yesterday, after doing as instructed, I found that it was doing the same thing. so I called support again and talked with a different person who walked me through the routine "0", "6", "1", "Yes", ????. He went to talk with some other tech people. He came back and had me load the 3/8" straight bit and tried the sequence again, after that didn't work he had me press "No" instead of "Yes". Of coarse that didn't work either.
Then he asked me to hold again as he wanted to ask someone in the "Shop". When he came back he told me that the old calibration program had been broken into the five separate functions - none of which he had anymore clue than I did!
It is an "undocumented feature" at this point in time!

djarboe
05-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one confused. Since I hadn't seen any posts about this, I just thought I missed something in a manual, tutorial, etc.

"Enhancements" are always great, as long as the users are told what, when, and how. In this case, the roll-out of this enhancement bears a lot of similarity to Microsoft and Windows.

ironsides
05-31-2009, 04:53 PM
djarboe,

You aren't the only one confused. .................Then he asked me to hold again as he wanted to ask someone in the "Shop". When he came back he told me that the old calibration program had been broken into the five separate functions - none of which he had anymore clue than I did!
It is an "undocumented feature" at this point in time!

This situation is not conducive to good customer relations.
LHR had better get on the ball and explain this problem fast or I will lose confidence in this company.

ironsides:)

dale616
05-31-2009, 08:51 PM
I am having problems with my machine not bringing the touch plate out far enough to touch the bit therefore it will not go any further with the carving. Has anyone else had this problem? I have cleaned and recleaned and it will bring it out a little then the second time none at all.

DocWheeler
05-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Dale,

Follow this link. (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=11660)

Old Salt
05-31-2009, 09:04 PM
sometimes the wires in back of head , top corner get in the way and stop it from going to end ck them. some put some foam behind the lever to keep it out will work if board is under 13 'wide. have pushed it out with a stick from under roller when giving me a bad time.

Old Salt
05-31-2009, 09:09 PM
Hello Doc

Have you had great day in the Midwest today , great to be here this time of year.

fbrittain
05-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Hi Guys, I just upgraded my software from 1.132 to 1.134. I carved a lid for a box and it was suppose cut out to lid size. The machine cut out 2 sides only but applied the edge route to all four. could this be related to your problem?

DocWheeler
06-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Old Salt,

Sorry I missed your post yesterday, I was busy ranting about the updated firmware.
Yep, 85 for today and 88 for tomorrow. Always liked this time of year, birthday near the end of May, school out early June, birds, flowers, and the bugs haven't multiplied so much yet.