PDA

View Full Version : Importing from Corel

Arkie
02-28-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm Playing around with the designer since I don't have a system yet and finding something odd.

I've imported a few images which look fine and a few that look so-so. However, the ones that disturb me are the ones which appear to go through the import process and I can see it when it's imported. But after that, the drawings are not there.
The name I give it shows in the Library, but there's no thumbnail and it doesn't get posted onto the medium.
I've tried importing direct from the clipboard and also (the same drawing) saved as bmp, jpg and gifs. They don't show up as a thumbnail.

I removed and re-installed the Designer, but no luck there either.

And BTW... where is this library stored. Images I had saved were still there even I did a complete application removal.

Is there something I'm overlooking??

Thanks
~Joe

Matty
02-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Yep, have had the same problem. I found if I can’t see the image but can select it. If you right click it and invert it the image will be visible.

Also I found that part of some images I imported I could not get a pattern to show up on top of the image. After making the background Transparent in Photoshop and re-importing it. Now it’s visible.

yenne
02-28-2006, 01:34 PM
We've discovered an issue in the software when importing certain types of images -- it can lose some depth information, especially when the "Lower" or "Raise" buttons are used. This can result in the thumbnail being blank and the pattern not placing properly on the workpiece.

Sorry about this -- I am working on a fix.

lpcsales
03-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Just wondering if any progress is being made on a fix for this problem?

yenne
03-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Just wondering if any progress is being made on a fix for this problem?
Yes, and I anticipate that the fix will be released with the next version of the software next Thursday or Friday (Mar 16th or 17th).