PDA

View Full Version : pattern editor

newcarver
05-27-2009, 04:38 PM
If you have a scan with multiple items on it, like 3 different knives. Can these be split up into different mpw's? I used rectangle selection and copy and paste, but paste was a no go, wouldn't let me. Never tried it before and seem to be at a loss, unless its not possible...

bjbethke
05-27-2009, 05:07 PM
If you have a scan with multiple items on it, like 3 different knives. Can these be split up into different mpw's? I used rectangle selection and copy and paste, but paste was a no go, wouldn't let me. Never tried it before and seem to be at a loss, unless its not possible...
You would meed to do that with the MPW file. Make a MPW for each knife.

newcarver
05-27-2009, 05:10 PM
I have it in an mpw, but can the original mpw be split without exporting png to ps or other image editor.

bjbethke
05-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I have it in an mpw, but can the original mpw be split without exporting png to ps or other image editor.
Save your MPW file. Enter in the pattern editor - erase 2 of the knife images – save as a new MPW and PTN. Then reload your original MPW and repeat till you have the MPW’s and PTN’s for each knife. Use different names for each MPW and PTN.

You can also use the UNDO function after you saved your new MPW and PTN to go back to your original. Make sure you use different names or you may loose your original. Hope this helps.

Steven Alford
05-27-2009, 07:09 PM
I don't believe it is possible to use the undo after you have hit the save button.

eromran
05-27-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't believe it is possible to use the undo after you have hit the save button.Ive done what Bj suggested several times in the past on earlier releases (not sure about latest) using "save as" and it worked fine.

bjbethke
05-27-2009, 08:36 PM
I don't believe it is possible to use the undo after you have hit the save button.
You can use the UNDO any time, unless you push the Red X to close the Pattern Editor. Use "File" and you can save the MPW file anytime. It is a good idea to save files when working on a pattern, if you have a power failure and have worked on a pattern for hours, and if it has not been saved you loose a lot of time. You can use the UNDO any time, unless you close the program.

Steven Alford
05-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Learn something new every day!!!!