PDA

View Full Version : Machine Arrived Today

Little-John
02-27-2006, 06:49 PM
FedEx Pulled up and unloaded my machine today. It is heavy! Read the instructions and got it set up in less than 2 hours. Most of the work is already done since they set it up and tested it before shipping. My first project was an imported black and white image of my school logo and I was really impressed with what came out. I used poplar which may be a little too soft to hold a sharp edge. I did not have it in the finest resolution so that may part of the problem. The image had a lot of detail so it was not an easy image. Overall for my first project I was very pleased. A 10" X 10" image took 50 minutes to carve. I am going to be out of town for the next week so will be a while before I can try to improve on this. Overall impression is it is a fantastic machine that lives up to its billing. :D John L

Matty
02-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Good deal, have lots of fun and make money as well. Dont for get to post som pics of your work. Mine arrives in 2 days so ill let you know what happing as well

lpcsales
03-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Mine has arrived today. It took me only a week after learning of this little devil to order one. It's still in the box, but by weekend I should have a very good working knowledge of it. Will post more soon.

Ron Smith
03-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Ordered mine last month. It was supposed to arrive last Wednesday ... been waiting and calling FEDEX ever since. Tracking says on truck to deliver today ... it's after 4:30 PM and stillno sign. I'm hoping it gets here soon! I'll let you know when it does show up.

Bruce
04-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Hello all! Got off work today and saw a big DHL box sitting on the grass next to the shed-go figure, at least it wasn't raining!!!! Anyway I am now the proud owner of a CarveWright. Comments; I had zero damage to shipping container, I noticed the inside of the machine (black frame et al ) is all powder coated, this is a definite plus. I'm thinking the first thing to do woulde be to "anti static" using a rag as opposed to spraying into machine. Powdercoated material is essentially a baked on plastic over metal. With all the "dust" problems I've been reading about I'm certain this will help as plastic does hold a charge, electrically speaking.
Now what should I do next!!!!! Bruce