PDA

View Full Version : My Reconditioned CC Arrived with 2 Minutes On It.

5twenty
05-22-2009, 02:59 PM
After what seemed like an eternity I finally received a Sears recondition CompuCarve from the UPS man today. I've heard of some people who have received reconditioned machines with 20 or more hours on them, this one had 2 minutes so I am thrilled about that. I basically got a new machine for $999. I noticed the sale Sears had a week ago is off again and the reconditioned CCs are back up to $1499.

First impressions are that setup went well and that it's not as loud as some lead you to believe. To me it's like a really loud vacuum cleaner but much less loud than some routers I've used.

It's carving a test pattern now. I can't wait to get going on some real carving.

Thanks to many here who pointed the way for me to prepare for carving. I was ready to go out of the box thanks to the literature you guys pointed me to.

Dan

www.go3d.us
05-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Congratulation on your new machine! Can't wait to see the neat stuff you make with it.
HT

Digitalwoodshop
05-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Sounds like a GREAT Machine too....

When you get a chance check the options and electronic serial number and see if it matches the sticker on the machine.

It might have gotten a new computer at Refurb.

AL

PCW
05-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Al

I think I see where you are going with this. Both of my machines I purchase brand new and they both had over one hour of test time on them from LHR. If your machine only has 2 min. of cut time on it it may very well have a new computer in it.

Al
Also thought I would mention that being correct 99.99% of the time is not so bad.:D

Digitalwoodshop
05-22-2009, 08:16 PM
I may have screwed up with this 1 continue or 2 refind.....

We will find out soon....

AL

hess
05-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Al

I think I see where you are going with this. Both of my machines I purchase brand new and they both had over one hour of test time on them from LHR. If your machine only has 2 min. of cut time on it it may very well have a new computer in it.

Al
Also thought I would mention that being correct 99.99% of the time is not so bad.:D

Heck my "New" CW had 14 hrs on it out of the box. Testing time I was told.

The CC I got had 4 out of the box

Hess

5twenty
05-23-2009, 02:13 AM
When you get a chance check the options and electronic serial number and see if it matches the sticker on the machine.

I found the electronic serial number but I didn't see a sticker. Where is it located?

I threw this on just to watch it cut something. Sorry about the cell phone photo. Everything went perfectly. The results were better than I expected. This carving is about 6" high. 2:53 cut time.

Digitalwoodshop
05-23-2009, 07:45 AM
The Sticker was/is under the outfeed tray on the base of the unit.

AL

5twenty
05-23-2009, 12:24 PM
The Sticker was/is under the outfeed tray on the base of the unit.

AL

I can see that there WAS a sticker there. It has been removed.

PCW
05-23-2009, 12:29 PM
That would make sense if the computer was changed out. How does the appearance look otherwise?

Digitalwoodshop
05-23-2009, 12:40 PM
You get the BEST BANG for the Buck.... Only 2 min.... 4 hours or 20 hours.... All that cuts into your 200 hour warranty....

You got a GOOD DEAL....

AL

5twenty
05-23-2009, 08:52 PM
That would make sense if the computer was changed out. How does the appearance look otherwise?

Other than a bit of sawdust I could see no indication that it ever was running. It looked new.

5twenty
05-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Duplicate post

PCW
05-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Sounds like you got a good deal. I am pretty sure that Sears offers a 6 month warranty on the recondition units. Not to sure on how many hours that they are covered for on warranty. Maybe up to 200 but it wouldn't hurt to check into it.