PDA

View Full Version : archy

archy
05-22-2009, 11:55 AM
It's Me Again Guys. For You Guys That Have Used Crane Cam Lube, How Do You Apply It? Do You Apply A Thin Film And Leave Or Wipe Excess Off. I Had Mentioned Using The Liquid Wrench Before And Leaving It Wet Without Wiping Excess Off. I Took A Look At The Previous 2 Shafts And It Seemed Like The Liquid Wrench Moly Lube Had Caked Or Built Up In Places. Could This Be The Source Of The Heat? Again For The Crane Cam Users How Do You Apply? Thank You For All Your Help Guys.

newcarver
05-22-2009, 11:59 AM
I apply it in a ziplock bag and let it soak for a bit(about an hour) then take it out and LET IT DRY well and wipe off any excess. You do not want it running into the cut motor or the z truck. I do use the liquid wrench though but they are pretty much the same for the most part as long as they have moly in them.

cnsranch
05-22-2009, 12:21 PM
archy

As you know, the CC is real thick - I apply it between my fingers, trying to force it into the shaft. No need to leave a film, just slide the shaft up and down between your fingers as you go.

You may want to pull the spring, and run something thru the shaft's housing (just like you would clean a gun barrel).

Pay attention to the condition of the spring - if it's kinked, you'll get a hot spot.

Steven Alford
05-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Jerry,
Do you wipe off any excess? Or do you leave it on?

fwharris
05-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Crane Cam Lube,,

Like Jerry said, with your rubber glove etc. put some on your finger tips , a little bit goes a long way, and work CC up and down the shaft with your fingers until it looks like it is all worked in real good. No need to wipe anything off as you will find that it will leave a very fine film on the shaft. Put it back in and back to carving..