PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Ron

hess
05-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Ron
Got your chucks today Thanks. Changed out one unit ,your tools work great. no heat or anything with the Red.

Much more Quieter

Vibs are a thing of the past. The head knob barely moves.

I did a 6 hr carve which was on Best and looks better than my old Op setting but here is the kicker for me

Temps
spindle old 130 New 103
Chuck 140 + 103
bit carving at 3 hrs 110 98
Flex 120 101 at the peak bend

Heat always me wear and tear even in the human body so to see this decline is great and means something has changed for the better

I need to check my bit set up but my hat is off to you. its fun to watch the unit work like this. All that high pitch sound is gone

Will going to play some more. The folks next door even mentioned the noise level was much less

Thanks
Hess

Just a 1% oh well

rjustice
05-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Hess... thank you for the very specific review. Typically a 10-15 degree drop in the flex temps is what i have seen on 3 different machines personally. Someone mentioned checking the sound levels with a db meter before and after. I would love to know the numbers for that as well if someone captures them. It is very easy to guage the balance improvement by looking at the crank, and the ball on the crank as well....

May your machine run long and trouble free, fellow carvers!!

Happy carving,

Ron

Pratyeka
05-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Hess... thank you for the very specific review. Typically a 10-15 degree drop in the flex temps is what i have seen on 3 different machines personally. Someone mentioned checking the sound levels with a db meter before and after. I would love to know the numbers for that as well if someone captures them. It is very easy to guage the balance improvement by looking at the crank, and the ball on the crank as well....

May your machine run long and trouble free, fellow carvers!!

Happy carving,

Ron

I used the "neighbour's complaint level" to gauge the noise level of the machine... It dropped to zero after my conversion.:wink:

hess
05-22-2009, 09:24 AM
I used the "neighbour's complaint level" to gauge the noise level of the machine... It dropped to zero after my conversion.:wink:

It's so nice to be working at 2am and not wake everyone. It is almost pleasant compare to what it was

Hess