PDA

View Full Version : Looking at getting a Carvewright

Justinside
05-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and am thinking of getting a carvewright, but have a question.

I want to make some small boxes and was wondering if the Carvewright can be used to hollow out the inners of the boxes?

Also if I make a sign, can how do I put a look of hand carved back ground?

Thanks

Paul

5twenty
05-20-2009, 09:14 AM
I also a newbie here but I will attempt to answer one of your questions since no one else has yet. They will.

Getting the look of a hand carved background could be accomplished several ways. For one, if you get the scanning probe you can scan a model that has the look of what you need. You can then use that scan and reproduce what you scanned with a high degree of accuracy. You could also use a photo of your model and import that into the CarveWright software. This would produce an output of a much lower quality (especially when compared to a probe scan) but possibly could be improved if you are a Photoshop whiz or with the designer software that comes with the probe. You could also look for a pattern at one of the many pattern vendors online. My thoughts are that you'll be happiest with the scanned pattern.

Now let's hear from the real experts.

twiceretired
05-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Tips & Tricks @ http://carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks
ISSUE 19 April 2009 Round “Notions and Sundries” Box, should give you an idea of how to make your box, as wel as other great idea’s in the other Issues.