PDA

View Full Version : opens to Accessary Menu 1) Scan Area

b.sumner47
05-19-2009, 07:50 PM
I can't get my mind to working . Needs some help.Thanks , Capt Barry

earlyrider
05-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Is your probe extension wire still attached to the side? I had that problem when I disconnected the probe from the extension, and thought leaving the wire plugged in the side, and the clip holding it from going anywhere, it would be OK to leave the wire there and carve away. No, it wasn't OK---
Removed the wire, and the message changed back to main menu.
Otherwise, maybe a loose connector?
Ron

Digitalwoodshop
05-19-2009, 09:20 PM
This is the message you get "Scan Area" just after the instillation of the new 14 Pin Z Bundle that changes a circuit board, Flat Cable, and Z Motor.

After this change you no longer use the probe jack in the side of the Z Truck but use the Flat jack on the left side or keypad side inside the cover.

You will need a jumper cable to use the probe.

So to fix your "Scan Area" message you must go to the setup menu via the keypad and find the setting that lets you change the source for the Probe data from the "Z Truck" where it is now set to the NEW setting of "Cover" Once you change that menu your back in Carving Business.

Good Luck,

AL

earlyrider
05-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah, what Al said!:mrgreen:
Ron

Digitalwoodshop
05-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Only because I was one of the first to change to the new Z Bundle as I needed a new 16 pin flat cable and they said they had this new Z Bundle and replaced the 16 with a 14 pin cable.... I changed it out no problem and faced the same scan area and was on my own to understand what to do.... This was before they sent directions for the change out and a note about the scan area.

AL

liquidguitars
05-20-2009, 01:36 AM
if you are getting this error at the startup prompt you will need to program the carvewright to use the correct scanning probe.

At the keypad press "5" then select "hood" or "truck" option. Turn off the unit. Power up the unit and you should be good to go.

LG

b.sumner47
05-20-2009, 10:08 AM
It was changing from truck to cover that did it. Thanks to all, Capt Barry