PDA

View Full Version : Crank doesn't click

Rocky
05-17-2009, 04:24 PM
My crank that lowers the rollers onto the project doesn't click and "release" like it used to. The rollers go down against the project board, but then I can't turn it anymore (I don't want to use extreme force to turn for fear I may do damage). Does anyone have any thoughts concerning what is wrong and how I can correct?

It's Sunday, so I haven't tried LHR yet.

Thanks

JOHNB
05-18-2009, 05:59 AM
rocky; i believe you need to spray some white lithum grease behind the flat washer, behind the crank handle.
this process just greases up the clutch. you can run without the clutch action, but you don't know the down pressure which is suppose to clutch out at the 85lbs.

jjack9485
05-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Mine did the same thing, lubed the four posts and clutch and that fixed it....use bathroom scale pressure should be about 85 pounds.

jack

Rocky
05-18-2009, 10:20 AM
rocky; i believe you need to spray some white lithum grease behind the flat washer, behind the crank handle.
this process just greases up the clutch. you can run without the clutch action, but you don't know the down pressure which is suppose to clutch out at the 85lbs.

That fixed it, Thanks!

AWoodsmith
05-18-2009, 11:16 PM
That fixed it, Thanks!

I am having the same problem and will be re greasing mine again. Now is there a difference between white lithium grease and the black lithium grease?

Ed

Rocky
05-19-2009, 06:35 AM
I am having the same problem and will be re greasing mine again. Now is there a difference between white lithium grease and the black lithium grease?

Ed

Sorry, I don't know....I didn't know there was black lithium grease.